• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

VOIP Studio Phone Suggestion

Hi,

I need a VOIP phone for my studios to replace an analog set. We use Cisco 7961 and 7970's for the rest of the station; however I wanted to look and see what sort of models would be more atapted for an on-air, studio environment.

I'm looking for the standard stuff:
  • Mute for the ringer when the mic is hot
  • External flasher strobe for ringer
  • Ability to send and pull audio from the board

We're not a talk radio setup, so nothing fancy is needed. We need to mic-up ball games, plus interview the occasional guest. If there were accessories for the Cisco units - that would be great otherwise I can use another standard SIP phone to connect.

Thanks,
Brian

I have not done this yet, so its just theory right now.

a station I consult with has aastra sip phones everywhere. They have a good full duplex speakerphone as well as headset jack. I'm going to attempt to pad down audio and send in that jack and take audio from it. I'm thinking as long as the send audio is padded down to whatever mic level the phones expect, this should work well. Then it would just be a matter of pressing the headset button to throw something on air. as for disabling ringer when I a mic is open, I'm not sure there. I can turn the ringer off on the aastra sets and they flash a red LED when ringing although its not bright enough to really grab attention like the strobe that is there now...

If it uses a 'vox' style audio switcher, you'll have issues with your 'send' audio holding the caller's audio at bay....

A true hybrid splits the send and receive audio into two pairs of wires. The receive audio constantly feeds the phone pad and your send audio (PROGRAM audio) is presented to the caller's ear WITHOUT including his own voice. aka 'mix minus'

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom