• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KABC's #1 problem

Bug on the rug

Frequent Participant
Direction.

KFI is clearly conservative from head to toe (except for Lisa Ann Walter). While it's very unclear where 790 KABC's political stance is (e.g., Geraldo is a Rep with liberal leanings, John Phillips is conservative, as is very boring Larry "the sage" Elder, while Mac & T-Rae are kinda lib. Who knows what Peter Tilden is!).

Agree?

It's not compelling programming. If they had stuck with Frosty Heidie & Frank and Tim Conway they would have at least had some shows that excite a little bit. They also have an inferior signal. They're low by about 45 thousand watts.

Like them or hate them, The Triplets were completely neutered on KABC. They gave it their best shot but their show needed more time to get going when they'd run into their absurd tangents. That was just something that just could not be done with a clockwheel demanding hard stops every 15 minutes. Frosty couldn't get a weekend KFI gig without the rest of the trio despite him having the accredited radio background.

I heard Tim Conway's short gig on KABC and while he didn't do anything wrong the brass at KABC (a bunch of stuffed shirts) were scared to death of something, anything that was different than what they have been doing for decades. Their loss quickly became KFI's gain. KABC had him first and shot him out the door in 2 nights to be replaced by another nameless droning nobody that was about as safe as a game of Candy Land or Checkers.

KABC's problem is they don't take chances. KABC is the station wading around in the shallow end of the pool with the duckie floaties being coaxed by everyone to inch closer to the deep end. KABC seems content holding onto the pool sides, kicking their feet wildly but never travelling anywhere screaming "Look at me! Look at me! I'm trying!" Oh! that's great darling, yeah we see you precious *eyeroll* tune back to KFI.

KABC is also cheap. Even more so with Cumulus at the helm. Citadel was Daddy Warbucks in comparison and that's suspending the belief way wafer thin.

Flip the signal to Asian or Godsquad and be done with it.

Dance 790? Hmmm...might work. At least it might get better ratings. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom