Starting a Prep Service

Thread: Starting a Prep Service

Starting a Prep Service

How is the best way to “market” a show prep service? How much should be charged? Can it be a “weekly” service? Are there any "syndication" services?

Re: Starting a Prep Service

Our syndication network, High Fidelity Media, is looking for quality shows and prep services. If you have any, let me know and we can get something started!

Re: Starting a Prep Service

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice
    How is the best way to “market” a show prep service? How much should be charged? Can it be a “weekly” service? Are there any "syndication" services?
    The first thing you have to determine is what makes your prep service unique. The more unique it is, the more you can charge. If it's simply another aggregate of information that is readily available everywhere, then charging anything will be tough. If you're providing truly unique, original content for shows, then you can charge big bucks for that.

Most prep services are simply an aggregate of the days' headlines and weird news. Spend one afternoon setting up an iGoogle page, or a well-organized Twitter account with lists and all, and you would have the equivalent of 90% of what prep services offer.

With that, if you have something unique to offer, throw it out as a freebie for 1-2 months (yes, months) for shows to try. If it proves to be consistent over the long term, people will buy it up. Radio is looking for original content.
    Posts are my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, our employees, advertisers, partners, affiliates. Only two at this price, stock # 85732 and 87231, see dealer for details.