• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Modern AC

besides hot ac what im confused what other format it leanes AAA or alteraitve? and also what artists would be in this format

A little bit of both. Core artists would be Train, Adele, The Fray, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mat Kearney, Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat, Daughtry, Florence + The Machine, and Neon Trees.

Think HAC without the electro-pop/urban influence, mixed with some light Alternative and crossover AAA.

New alt-aaa bands like Foster The People, Young The Giant, Fun. all fit well next to Adele, The Fray, ect.

Any idea why KCDA reports as a hot AC and not a modern AC? I've called it modern AC since I started listening a year or so ago.

bobdavcav said:
Any idea why KCDA reports as a hot AC and not a modern AC? I've called it modern AC since I started listening a year or so ago.

Just looked at their website under recent songs...agree with you 100%...very Modern AC. I'm going to listen. Looks very well done...now I've gotta hear how it sounds!

Yes there are. This comes directly from KLCK's station profile, "Winter 2012 Station Information Profile (SIP) on File with Arbitron

Call Letter: KLCK-FM
Frequency: 98.9
Station Name: CLICK 98.9
Format: Modern Adult Contemporary

----------------------------------------------------------------------"

adam502002 said:
bobdavcav said:

Just looked at their website under recent songs...agree with you 100%...very Modern AC. I'm going to listen. Looks very well done...now I've gotta hear how it sounds!
Thery are very good. If you don't like automated stations though, you may find it a bit boring if you haven't figured that out already. Also, the sound can get messy online for whatever reason.

bobdavcav said:
Yes there are. This comes directly from KLCK's station profile, "Winter 2012 Station Information Profile (SIP) on File with Arbitron

Call Letter: KLCK-FM
Frequency: 98.9
Station Name: CLICK 98.9
Format: Modern Adult Contemporary

----------------------------------------------------------------------"

KLCK reports to Arbitron as Alternative

If you scan all the markets, you won't see any station classified by Arbitron as "Modern AC" - same with Mediabase

bobdavcav said:
Then why do some station profiles indicate Modern AC and where does this come from?

Not sure - there are definitely a bunch of Hot AC stations and a few Alternative stations that would be classified musically as "Modern AC", but the term Modern AC doesn't show up in any market's Arbitron ratings - it's either "Hot AC" or "Alternative"

Cumulus' (formerly Citadel's) KYIS is another good Modern AC station from my hometown Oklahoma City. I used to listen to it through their online streaming player and every time I visit my hometown with my mom a few years ago during the time when I was into Hot AC/Modern AC.

The station ratings are low, but the playlist is very decent. It features a great variety from the 90s til' Now, and it mainly focuses on currents. They're always fast on new music. They always added new songs slightly before it became a Hot AC hit.

Btw, the station identified themselves as "Modern AC" on the Oklahoma City Arbitron Ratings chart.
http://www.stationratings.com/ratings.asp?market=83
http://www.radio-info.com/markets/oklahoma-city

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom