• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ned Richards Gone From WGPA. Now at WALN.

Interstate 78

Leading Participant
Sources tell me Ned Richards of one of WGPA's most popular shows ("The Saturday Sock Hop" Doo-Wop Show) has suddenly resigned his position at WGPA. Wonder if he was pushed out by this new leaning towards all talk at WGPA. My sources also tell me he's going to WALN for a new Saturday night show. Already on WALN's website, in fact.

Which leads to my next question: how popular is this little WALN Cable Radio? For a cable-only station, they seem to have made quite a loyal following in the few decades they've been on-air. Crazy mix of easy oldies, polka, and specialty shows.

In reply to being 'pushed out' of WGPA, Ned was not pushed out of anything by programming. He made the decision to leave WGPA and move to WALN. If you would like to view his show you are welcome to at http://www.walncableradio.com/ Air time is Saturday 9 pm to 2 am. I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from his listeners. We hope you enjoy!

Ned Richards left WGPA of his own free will as did Alex Fyder... whatever , both were not pushed out but I won't get into details! I am a professional! The headline here proves that the sensationalism is a ploy to gain sponsors for WALN! If you want the real details about the move email me at [email protected] and I will give you the real reasons for the desertion!
Richard T . Mindler Jr.

--------------------
Richard T. Mindler, Jr.
WGPA SUNNY 1100 AM !

He did NOT DESERT WGPA, the screaming and accusations made the decision as you are full aware of. So I'm sure you won't mind that I post my email address under this! Afterall they can make their own judgement with both sides of the story! [email protected] Thank you, Vera (Ned's wife)

I wish Ned nothing but the best ! I had Ned as #2 on favorites on my phone ! I hope we will remain friends but it will never be the same! Business is business!

--------------------
Richard T. Mindler, Jr.
WGPA SUNNY 1100 AM !

No sensationalism on my part. I am simply a radio enthusiast who enjoys following the broadcast business in the Lehigh Valley/Reading/and Philadelphia markets. If you peruse my posts from the past, they are all very supportive of all community radio stations like WGPA, WALN, WDIY, WEEU, as well as college stations. I actually am usually only critical of corporate radio. I have lots of sources of radio news and simply learned that Ned was departing WGPA and surmised that it was possibly due to their new leaning towards talk. If that was wrong, oh well. I just asked a question. I am not a direct part of any of those stations. Just an observer. Instead I was accused of being sensational by posting the original headline. Whatever this conflict that's going on at WGPA is about, I hope it works out because WGPA, WALN, WDIY, WEEU, etc. are the only lights at the end of a tunnel of corporate radio nonsense. Small stations should work together.

Interstate 78,

The hoopla over "Ned Richards Gone From WGPA. Now at WALN." has caused some controversy as to why, but everyone has an opinion and only very few people really know why! With that said I, the staff and Mr. Timmer wish Ned the very best in his new venture!

Sensationalism might have been a strong word on my part. As far as I'm concerned you will not hear a bad word about Ned because I don't have any, he was always a good friend to me! If other people would not stir the pot we can all get along business as usual!

I will not post or comment on this subject again!

---------------------
Richard T. Mindler, Jr.
WGPA SUNNY 1100 AM

Interstate 78 said:
...not a direct part of any of those stations. Just an observer....
Ditto. "pushed out..." "screaming accusations..." "sensationalism..." :eek:
Kind of antagonistic for two stations run by guys named “Jolly” and “Happy” wouldn’t you say? ;D

Ned has settled in to WALN. I enjoy listening and watching the program. It is a fun to view a dj with an attractive woman sitting down checking chat room messages.

Waln

Can't seem to find it, can you get it on radio or satellite TV?

Political Observer

Where is WALN can not find it, but did find WGPA?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom