• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Request for stations discussing "that school" situation

pianoplayer88key

Star Participant
For those of you stations that are discussing the M*******e situation more than ... 15 seconds at a time, more often than every 12 hours, and more than 10 times every 14 days ...

Could you do a HUGE favor for me, please? Keep the extended discussions/mentions on stations that do NOT put a field strength higher than 0.3 µV/m groundwave or 0.01 µV/m-0.1% skywave anywhere within a 80.5 kilometer radius of 32°45'40"N 116°56'50"W. I would GREATLY appreciate having something ELSE to listen to, for a change. ;)

For example, I would forgive KDIS for overloading my Tecsun PL-606 so badly that I can't even detect a carrier from 1130-KSDO (10kW @ 6.3 mi, indicates 75 dBu in the back yard or ~87-93 dBu near a utility line), provided that they A - turn off their IBOC, B - open their analog bandwidth to the same that their IBOC currently occupies, and (optional only because I don't have a currently-functional C-Quam receiver) turn their C-Quam exciter back on. :)

Or, if necessary, I'd rather hear Harold Camping preach than hear that topic mentioned above.

pianoplayer88key said:
For those of you stations that are discussing the M*******e situation more than ... 15 seconds at a time, more often than every 12 hours, and more than 10 times every 14 days ...

Could you do a HUGE favor for me, please? Keep the extended discussions/mentions on stations that do NOT put a field strength higher than 0.3 µV/m groundwave or 0.01 µV/m-0.1% skywave anywhere within a 80.5 kilometer radius of 32°45'40"N 116°56'50"W. I would GREATLY appreciate having something ELSE to listen to, for a change. ;)

For example, I would forgive KDIS for overloading my Tecsun PL-606 so badly that I can't even detect a carrier from 1130-KSDO (10kW @ 6.3 mi, indicates 75 dBu in the back yard or ~87-93 dBu near a utility line), provided that they A - turn off their IBOC, B - open their analog bandwidth to the same that their IBOC currently occupies, and (optional only because I don't have a currently-functional C-Quam receiver) turn their C-Quam exciter back on. :)

Or, if necessary, I'd rather hear Harold Camping preach than hear that topic mentioned above.

You seem to be more familiar with how radio works than most, but I will offer the most basic of advice. Try turning the station if you don't like what you hear. There are over 80 of them in the greater LA area, I'm sure you can find one that is broadcasting something you will like.

ChannelFlipper said:

The winky-smiley face might have been an indicator that the poster was kidding. 80 stations in L.A.? When I'm in L.A., I notice many, many stations are not in English. How many does that eliminate? Half? Much pop music nowadays is crap. That eliminates the dozen Top40 stations. Look at last night! Much of the techno-poppy music was un-listenable. Even Foo Fighters could not be understood. Now Adele gave a great performance. Is there an all Adele station? ;) <<That winky-smiley face means my entire post was in jest...which makes me...a...jestor. :)

Steven Roy said:
ChannelFlipper said:

The winky-smiley face might have been an indicator that the poster was kidding. 80 stations in L.A.? When I'm in L.A., I notice many, many stations are not in English. How many does that eliminate? Half? Much pop music nowadays is crap. That eliminates the dozen Top40 stations. Look at last night! Much of the techno-poppy music was un-listenable. Even Foo Fighters could not be understood. Now Adele gave a great performance. Is there an all Adele station? ;) <<That winky-smiley face means my entire post was in jest...which makes me...a...jestor. :)

Yeah, but give Saul enough time to come around to it and you just might get an all-Adele station. That may be a jest, or may be the truth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom