• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Flow Rida - Good Feeling

bobdavcav

Star Participant
Now this is one I'm going to have to get used to KPLZ playing. I'd expect stations like WQSM to pick it up as well as We Found Love by Rihanna, but this one surprised me for KPLZ, which I haven't ever really thought of as an adult CHR, I've thought of it more as streight-up hot AC. Any thoughts?

bobdavcav said:
Now this is one I'm going to have to get used to KPLZ playing. I'd expect stations like WQSM to pick it up as well as We Found Love by Rihanna, but this one surprised me for KPLZ, which I haven't ever really thought of as an adult CHR, I've thought of it more as streight-up hot AC. Any thoughts?

*FLO Rida

Like Florida, with a space in between. (he's from FLA)

The song is growing on me. I like the beat when FLO Rida is rapping fast. Im sure KBIG will start playing it.

Really? you think KBIG will start playing it? Where is Hot AC going? I think it's an awesome song, but does it really fit on Hot AC? I highly doubt WDVD will pick it up, I'll bet they haven't picked up Stereo Hearts yet. I might considder it if I was programming that station, but the rap would need to be put into the other songs on the playlist first, same with KPLZ. KALC in Denver plays DJ Got Us Falling in Love without the rap, yet leaves it in in On The Floor. This kind of inconsistancy is what's driving me crazy. What's going on here? WQSM edits the rap in both songs yet plays Stereo Hearts, Good Feeling, and Even Lighters by Bad Meets Evil, although haven't heard that one in a while.

There was no need for that kind of language. Someone kindly pointed that out to me in an earlier post. I knew I should have looked it up.

bobdavcav said:
Really? you think KBIG will start playing it? Where is Hot AC going? I think it's an awesome song, but does it really fit on Hot AC? I highly doubt WDVD will pick it up, I'll bet they haven't picked up Stereo Hearts yet. I might considder it if I was programming that station, but the rap would need to be put into the other songs on the playlist first, same with KPLZ. KALC in Denver plays DJ Got Us Falling in Love without the rap, yet leaves it in in On The Floor. This kind of inconsistancy is what's driving me crazy. What's going on here? WQSM edits the rap in both songs yet plays Stereo Hearts, Good Feeling, and Even Lighters by Bad Meets Evil, although haven't heard that one in a while.

Yes I think KBIG will play it. Im sure it wont be a strong current just a fade like Kevin Rudolf's Let It Rock. They been sounding more Adult Top 40 lately with Katy Perry, Rihanna and Gym Class Heroes new hits. Its not one of my favorite stations anymore since its Rhythmic days but its paying off in the ratings.

It was just a fade on KBIG? Wow, KPLZ played it a lot until they tweaked to more of an Adult Top 40 sound after KWJZ flipped from Smooth Jazz to Modern AC. They're now Modern AC/AAA, varying degrees of Hot AC thrown in over the last year.

Hmm this is an interesting topic. I love this song. I think the only stations I hear it on are the CHRs in Grand Rapids. (I don't believe it's on Hot AC WLHT's playlist.)

Is my observation from what little I've heard of WLHT correct that they're 90s heavy? I have Radio Pup on my phone, I should listen more often. Maybe I'll pull it up tomorrow instead of KMGL. We'll see when tomorrow gets here.

I haven't heard Flo Rida on KBIG yet, but I did hear LMFAO "Sexy and I Know It" sometime yesterday afternoon. They have been skewing more Adult Top 40 than Hot AC, as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear Flo Rida, since Rihanna "We Found Love" seems to be their most played track after Adele "Set Fire to the Rain".

The format and people's tastes have changed a bit.

Pop and pop-rhythmic is more acceptable on HOT AC. This isn't 1998. Think of what the average listener of a Hot AC (31 y/o female) grew up with....

bobdavcav said:
Is my observation from what little I've heard of WLHT correct that they're 90s heavy? I have Radio Pup on my phone, I should listen more often. Maybe I'll pull it up tomorrow instead of KMGL. We'll see when tomorrow gets here.

I wouldn't say WLHT is '90s heavy. They do include some '90s in their playlist, but they are pretty big on currents/recurrents. Lots of '00s/'10s with some '90s.

Yes, must have just been the times I listened. I have been listening for the last couple of days and I notice that now. I heard this song on it yesterday.

Dallas/Fort Worth station KDMX 102.9 Now (previously Mix 102.9) has played that song for a few months when it transitioned from Hot AC to Adult Top 40, but it was pulled out of rotation when it switched back to Hot AC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom