• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MADONNA "GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN'" VIDEO

I like the fact that she didn't rely on the 4x4 monotonous house beat for a lead off single.The other tracks I heard from the album will be more in that vain.

Dying to see how far any of this goes. The song is ok at best. Maybe it will grow on me. She hasn't lost her musical skills, but (to put it delicately) it's obvious that she's trying to appeal to today's generation of kids.

Morpheux said:
I like the fact that she didn't rely on the 4x4 monotonous house beat for a lead off single.The other tracks I heard from the album will be more in that vain.

But that's what she does. Vogue, Express Yourself, Ray of Light, Hung Up....it doesn't sound convincing when she does something different (Like American Life, 4 Minutes, and now this New Gem). For those that really think its a good record, I suggest listening to it again. It won't be around in a year.

DJ_Perry said:
Morpheux said:

But that's what she does. Vogue, Express Yourself, Ray of Light, Hung Up....it doesn't sound convincing when she does something different (Like American Life, 4 Minutes, and now this New Gem). For those that really think its a good record, I suggest listening to it again. It won't be around in a year.

She was just looking to score a cheap hit. And she has. How likely would CHR continue to play singles from a 53 year old?

Btw outside of Vogue and the Confession On The Dance Floor album,I sort of prefer her 80's music. If it came on the radio that is. It's not like I have any inclination to put on some Madonna when I want to hear some tunes.

Didn't Martin Solveig help produce her album? It would make sense because this song borrows from his latest with Idoling, Big In Japan.

As I hear the song in the 12 o clock mix right now, I must admit that the instrumental of the track is pretty good. It's the childish cheerleader vocals and lyrics that kill the song. Not sure why she had the song designed that way. It even makes Katy Perry's music sound more lyrically mature and adult oriented in comparison.

Morpheux said:
She was just looking to score a cheap hit. And she has.

It was too cheap. She went to the other extreme and now I wish she made it just a little more expensive. It sounds like a song that would come on after Wizards of Waverly Place and Blue's Clues on Disney Channel HD. I think this almost extreme attempt at sounding high-school-like will cause the song to be short lived. Hopefully a second more mature single is prepared to follow...

It looks like this one is poised to be another top ten on Billboard's Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart. It already debuted at #20 in the February 18, 2012 issue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom