• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RADIO RDS?

If you mean Montreal, too late! The two AMers there that had a chance for this to happen have already been spoken for.

I suppose they could try starting up a fresh new AM there but I know nothing about what's available for use there.

Yeziknoradio said:
I suppose they could try starting up a fresh new AM there but I know nothing about what's available for use there.

I do know that 600 and 850 are still available, but if they're hoping for a clear channel frequency, it's not possible -- both 600 and 850 would have to broadcast directionally and/or at a lower power to protect class-A clear channels on these frequencies; don't know about 600, though KOA Denver is a Class-A that broadcasts on 850.

azumanga said:
Yeziknoradio said:

I do know that 600 and 850 are still available, but if they're hoping for a clear channel frequency, it's not possible -- both 600 and 850 would have to broadcast directionally and/or at a lower power to protect class-A clear channels on these frequencies; don't know about 600, though KOA Denver is a Class-A that broadcasts on 850.

Your points are excellent, but Bell Media is not stupid. They most likely researched all this long before and saw that those frequencies are far worse than the one they had prior to moving...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom