• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reggaetón 94 now just La 94

Identnut

Leading Participant
Reggaetón 94 is now simply La 94, "El Hogar de la Música Nueva."

I had a listen. They are definitely playing more Rythmic in English, but Reggaetón is still a big part of the format.

My favorite thing is all the Puerto Rican hipsters celebrating the supposed death of reggaetón. I hate to break it to you, but it's not dead. It's evolving. Daddy Yankee and the like are still having massive hits, so don't get your hopes up.

Their numbers were consistent throughout the last year.Looks like they wanted to move away from the Reggaeton moniker to justify and increase play of Rhythmic hits. Also,one of their spots says "lo urbano es lo que esta pegao ahora". To reflect the new sounds of the Reggaeton genre but they still play plenty of Reggaeton that is based of the dembow beat which is what is know for.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom