TIME TO DROP ALL INDOCTRINATION TALK. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TIME TO DROP ALL INDOCTRINATION TALK.

My oldest is 11 and she's heard things that would offend a gangsta rapper. She doesn't like any of it. But anything on the TV and radio is certainly not going to bother her - you'd be amazed at what gets said on elementary school playgrounds. She'll just change the channel.

Now as far as political talk radio goes, I have some bad news: It's failing across the nation. It's because people are tired of the scapegoating and mud slinging. And the results are awful - it seriously makes you think twice over the Fairness Doctrine rollback. It hasn't been healthy for anyone.

As I write the government has been shut down (again.) All over polarized partisan bickering. (Again.)

Aren't there things LOCALLY we should be thinking about, talking about or doing something about? I mean. THAT'S what I miss most in talk radio. When talk radio made a difference......
    Awww, you're an "alpha male". Isn't that cute...

RD Operations
    Some posts from this thread have been moved to Off The Air

http://radiodiscussions.com/showthre...11#post5930611

Quote Originally Posted by Small Market Guy View Post
    You do understand what Hot Talk is, right? It's neither of the types you're talking about in any of your posts. It's not political, and it's not "good wholesome" talk, either. WWDB was not hot talk. I LOVED 'DB. It's probably the best regular talk station I ever listened to. But it wasn't Hot Talk.

Hot Talk would be the biggest type of radio in the country now if we weren't a nation of snitches and sissies that have to call the FCC every time someone says a dirty word or insults someone from a protected class. As it is, we get the radio we deserve. Boring, bland lifestyle talk or sports and political talk.
    So----
    You want people like Greaseman on the air---------- racist comments & more -----------to get ratings & make $$$$ ?

1170 WWVA in Wheeling, West Virginia has David Bloomquist (Bloomdaddy) in the mornings. Yes, some of what he does is juvenile, but he does focus on local issues, and is as anti-PC as Clear Channel will allow.

If you want to hear quality political talk without the bombast that some here are complaining about, please check out
    "THE DENNIS PRAGER SHOW" and "THE MICHAEL MEDVED SHOW". Both are part of the Salem Radio Network, but other owners have picked up their shows too.

Dennis is a compassionate Conservative who, as he says, values clarity to agreement and never insults or "yells at" callers who differ with him. Sometimes he gets into mildly heated debates with them, but I've never heard it descend down to "yelling at them". He claims that he puts callers who disagree with him to the top of the line. "The Dennis Prager Show" airs Monday-Friday from 12:05pm - 3:00pm (EST). During the first week or two of March, 2014 he's on a listener cruise, so he'll have a guest host in.

Michael Medved relishes callers who disagree with him. He often has "Disagreement Days" where only callers who disagree with him are put on. His stock-in-trade is taking calls from those who disagree. This makes for good radio. He is a courageous host. Michael Medved follows Dennis Prager's show on many of the same stations ... (3:05pm - 6:00pm EST).

Try "Tony Katz Tonight" - weekdays 9-midnight ET. tonykatz.com and wibc.com. He's out of LA and is broadcast on 93.1 WIBC, here. in Indianapolis.
    WJMF - Smithfield, RI
    WHJY - Providence, RI
    WNZS - Jacksonville, FL
    WPLA - Jacksonville, FL
    WTLK - Jacksonville, FL
    WBGB - Jacksonville, FL
    WCIB - Hyannis, MA
    WPXC - Hyannis, MA
    WQSD - Myrtle Beach, SC
    WSYN - Myrtle Beach, SC
    WYAK - Myrtle Beach, SC
    WJXY - Myrtle Beach, SC

None of this is "hot talk". Do people even know what that actually means anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Small Market Guy View Post
    None of this is "hot talk". Do people even know what that actually means anymore?
    Sadly no. Anybody who cared is listening to Sat Rad or podcasts. Closest thing to "Hot talk" left is Don Imus (really tame) or Bob and Tom (wanna hear people not you laugh?). Don Geronimo just left the airwaves for the 'net. It's over and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by brettbutlerisok View Post
    Sadly no. Anybody who cared is listening to Sat Rad or podcasts. Closest thing to "Hot talk" left is Don Imus (really tame) or Bob and Tom (wanna hear people not you laugh?). Don Geronimo just left the airwaves for the 'net. It's over and gone.
    The guys who could get the big Sirius paycheck left and everyone else is out of the business pretty much. Lots of respect for Geronimo, but he's not gonna make much money doing a podcast. Of course he really doesn't need the cash at this point anyway.

Exactly. The only reason I think he is charging for the podcast is to help out his buddies who are running the site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast