• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bob Brinker returns to KABC

In order to gain clarity on the broadcast times for Brinker's Moneytalk radio show heard on KABC, I called the station today. They said the show airs on Sundays from two to four pm. So it appears the KABC webmaster has not yet had the opportunity to update the Sunday broadcast schedule to reflect this. There may have been a one time preemption which led to the confusion on this board.

In any case I would look for the KABC program schedule website to be updated to reflect the correct Sunday afternoon broadcast times for the show.

As for all of the activity here, not really surprising for a show that has aired in Los Angeles for over 20 years.

Thanks Randy.

I'm always surprised (though maybe I shouldn't be) when station websites don't have accurate information regarding schedules. Some are completely on top of it and update it weekly, which is great. Others......not so much.

Maybe the KABC webmaster reads these boards because the KABC website lists Bob Brinker in his regular time slot on Sundays from two to four pm.

Gotta love it when the radio station websites are up to date.

Have no idea why there was a one time preemption two weeks ago but noticed Bob Brinker was on KABC Sunday afternoon from two to four hosting his regular national Sunday money show.

Also noticed the website continues to list his show for that time on Sundays so whatever happened two Sundays ago came and went.

Belated happy St. Pat's Day to all.

westfield60 said:
KFI has some duds too (ie the new Neil Servedra show is hell, Lisa Ann Walters monotone voice is the best remedy to insomnia), so if KABC only were competent to realize these weaknesses they could put on some better programming. How about Joe Crummey? At least he is entertaining and he must be willing to work for minimum wage.

Put him on. I'd listen to J-J-J-J-Joe and his Crummey show in a heartbeat. Joe is awesome when he isn't compartmentalized and better left to his own devices.
KABC isn't the station that heralds such individuality even though they are beyond the point that they should at least try.

Hence why the are ratings cellar dwellers.

KABC 790 ... Zero Backbone. Zero Listeners.

I completely agree that KFI seems to be as of late drinking from the same well as KABC. The Fork Report with Neil Serveda is unlistenable, as is Lisa Ann Walter and now Bryan Suits on Saturday evening. Phil Hendrie was at least entertaining at that time.

But thinking outside of the box, why doesn't KFI or KABC give Leykis a shot now that he is out of his CBS contract. Whether you agree with him or not you cannot deny that he always brough in the younger listeners which I think KABC or even KFI sorely need.

Haven't heard Leykis in a while, wonder if his voice has recovered?

Could not agree with you more Westy. The time is now for KABC to add the great talent of Tom Leykis to their on air roster. Tom is a brilliant talent who can entertain a radio audience anytime. I also liked Phil Hendrie but must say he has been mailing it in since he became entranced with walking the red carpet in Hollywood which is clearly his first love.

Meanwhile, just leave KFI with their slut, prostitute and crack-ho purveyors....they compliment each other very well with El Rushbo and J&K on the same station.

Doesn't bother me 'cause I don't listen to hate radio anyway.

Will be interesting to see if all of the flak surrounding KFI hosts (Rushbo, Handel, J&K) will have an impact on the station's ratings.

Amazing how small the overall talk audience is now in greater L A.

Even KFI numbers look lower than in the past despite their great signal.

Makes one wonder about AM radio these days.

KABC weekend programs are improving but the weekdays carry the power and some of these right wing hosts seem to have gone stale on the listeners.

randy chase said:
Will be interesting to see if all of the flak surrounding KFI hosts (Rushbo, Handel, J&K) will have an impact on the station's ratings.

Amazing how small the overall talk audience is now in greater L A.

Even KFI numbers look lower than in the past despite their great signal.

Makes one wonder about AM radio these days.

KABC weekend programs are improving but the weekdays carry the power and some of these right wing hosts seem to have gone stale on the listeners.

Yep. They've lowered themselves all they way to #1.

Word is out that KABC has posted giant billboard ads on the 405 celebrating their new weekend shows including Kim Komando and Bob Brinker.

Anybody here been on the 405 lately? Lots of traffic on that highway so it should get lots of looks. Seems logical for KABC to be out there promoting their talent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom