• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

96 ROCK is now Radio 96.1

So... are they planning to do active rock with Kitty in mornings? If not, why are they still paying her to stay on the air and play Christmas music?

I don't think they are changing formats.

w00t said:
So... are they planning to do active rock with Kitty in mornings? If not, why are they still paying her to stay on the air and play Christmas music?

I don't think they are changing formats.

I know she's still able to do her Sunday Brunch show without any Christmas music, which surprised me. Other than that, just posting what I've heard.

infernoxred said:
vchimpanzee said:
ncscradiogeek said:
don't worry when this "new format" tanks then he can put WPTF on 96.1
Wonder if that is the longterm goal?
And then who would do rock? Someone has to.

It's bad enough what happened in Miami and New York City.

Not that I like the so-called music, but this is a format you just have to have.

I've heard in various places that WRVA-FM will be active rock or modern rock after the holidays.
It's probably a good idea. If they kept evolving they'd just be doing what WKIX-FM is doing.

Both Raleigh and Charlotte have signals on 96.1, possibly resulting in weaker coverage in the Greensboro area. I know Channel 96.1 has a null above Statesville and Salisbury, and I would guess Radio 96.1 may be blocked to the east towards Greensboro. Whereas Kiss 95.1, 107.9 the Link, 103.7, 104.7, and 106.5 from Charlotte make it into the fringes of Greensboro. And G-105 from Raleigh makes it down towards Salisbury.

And G-105 from Raleigh makes it down towards Salisbury.

I'm curious as to exactly how far G105's signal goes? I've been able to catch it as far west as I-77 going up into Virginia from Mt. Airy... and this was back in the days when the old 105.7 WFMX was still in Statesville...?

I'm curious as to exactly how far G105's signal goes? I've been able to catch it as far west as I-77 going up into Virginia from Mt. Airy... and this was back in the days when the old 105.7 WFMX was still in Statesville...?

Last year I was going home from a family reunion in Beckley WV and I surprisingly picked up G105 clear as a bell there until it interfered with WKLC/Charleston WV.

You can also get most of the Charlotte radio signals going up 77 into Virginia above Mt. Airy. Going up that tall mountain. And also along parts of 81 in Virginia and Tennessee, including Johnson City and towards Knoxville.

Is 96.1 officially a Jack fm type station. It needs to turn into 101.1 SAM fm that was in greenville. Now that was a great station. I heard a couple of songs on that station I had never even heard of before.

Radio 96.1 is a Variety Hits station. It's been #2 25-54 for about a year. It's doing very well.

Radio 96.1 is Raleigh's counterpart to Entercom's "98.7 Simon" in GSO; in fact, they're even using the slogan "We Play Anything" (Simon's is "We Play Everything").

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom