• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gym Class Heroes hot AC?

roadrunner said:
It belongs on Hot AC. It even would fit in with AC if a rap-edited version was made (I'm sure there is one).

Lol you can't edit out the rap when it's in every verse of the song - all you'd have left would be the chorus over and over

thesj said:
KPLZ is really an Adult Top 40 though.

Hot AC is becoming more rap friendly....

Can someone explain the difference between Adult Top 40 and Hot AC? The difference is probably subtle, but I'm still very curious.

atlantaboy said:
roadrunner said:
It belongs on Hot AC. It even would fit in with AC if a rap-edited version was made (I'm sure there is one).

Lol you can't edit out the rap when it's in every verse of the song - all you'd have left would be the chorus over and over

LOL? What would be so difficult about it? Just cut out the first half of the verse which is too rap for AC and pick it up with the second half of the verse- "If I could only find a note to make you understand...."

At this point, I would say the "gold" content is more on Hot AC than Adult CHR. Otherwise, Hot AC has gotten so close to CHR, there really isn't much room left. I think I'll go with the idea that Adult CHR repeats like CHR but isn't as early on edgier tunes. Hot AC is also more likely to play AC type songs, after their original run. There's at least one columnist, on this site, who uses the terms, interchangeably.

roadrunner said:
atlantaboy said:
roadrunner said:

LOL? What would be so difficult about it? Just cut out the first half of the verse which is too rap for AC and pick it up with the second half of the verse- "If I could only find a note to make you understand...."

Are you serious? You'd be chopping the song in half...

new_friends_gr said:
thesj said:
KPLZ is really an Adult Top 40 though.

Hot AC is becoming more rap friendly....

Can someone explain the difference between Adult Top 40 and Hot AC? The difference is probably subtle, but I'm still very curious.

There's no difference...Mediabase and Arbitron use the term "Hot AC", and Billboard uses the term "Top 40/Adult" (which is why I think people refer to stations as Adult Top 40)

I guess you could argue that "Adult Top 40" stations are "Hotter" Hot ACs with higher spin rotations, but honestly 80% of the Hot ACs out there right now would fit into that category

KDMX 102.9 Now in Dallas/Fort Worth has played this song sparingly along with LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem". Kind of a shocker, I know as it's a rap song, but GCH has got a history with Hot AC, plus "Stereo Hearts" has the featured talents of Adam Levine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom