• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

songs that mention other groups

Big Draft - by four preps
More money for me and you - Four Preps
Rock N Roll Revival by the 5 discs

and the grand-daddy of them all, that precedes Rock 'n roll by 10 years....

"Jukebox Saturday Night" by the Glen Miller with Tex Beneke and the Modernaires....

http://youtu.be/7-98uTDzcW0

How about the Goodman, 'Flying Saucer' tunes that were sued for not using the artists names correctly or without their permission?

Spyder Turner's "Stand By Me". He mentions Jackie Wilson, Smokey Robinson, Billy Stewart, Chuck Jackson, a few Temptations, even himself at the end.

Dave Andrews said:
New Radicals "You Get What You Give":
"With the aid of 8 dust brothers Beck, Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson"
Don't know where he got those lyrics! ??? Correct lyrics, "fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson."

Manson was actually upset with them for mentioning him in that one! Maybe because although they were one-hit wonders, they still had one hit more than he ever did! ;D

we forgot the most obvious one:

Reunion - "Life is a rock but the Radio Rolled Me"

firepoint525 said:
Dave Andrews said:
New Radicals "You Get What You Give":
"With the aid of 8 dust brothers Beck, Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson"
Don't know where he got those lyrics! ??? Correct lyrics, "fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson."

Manson was actually upset with them for mentioning him in that one! Maybe because although they were one-hit wonders, they still had one hit more than he ever did! ;D

Thanks for the correction. I really should check more than one source. Yeah, the '8 dust brothers' thing doesn't fit the beat.

"Motown Song" Rod Stewart
"Sir Duke" Stevie Wonder ("Basie, Miller, Satch-A-Mo and the king of all, Sir Duke")
"My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder" Weird Al Yankovic

Jukebox Saturday Night was already mentioned but not version by Nino & Ebbtides; Somebody must have mentioned More Money For You & Me - Four Preps

howardm said:
Jukebox Saturday Night was already mentioned but not version by Nino & Ebbtides; Somebody must have mentioned More Money For You & Me - Four Preps
Yes, More Money got honorable mention much earlier. Again though, I am too lazy to scroll. It's my day off, I just don't feel like working...

^ This reminds me....

"Amerikan [sic] Music" by Steve Alaimo. It's on YouTube....gotta spell "Amerikan" correctly. :)

cd

RadioStarOne said:
Peter, Paul & Mary's " I Dig Rock And Roll Music also mentions The Beatles! "And when The Beatles Tell You, They've Got A Weird Love To Sell You, They Mean Exactly What They Say." The Temptation's also mention The Beatles in their hit song "Ball Of Confusion."

"And when The Beatles Tell You, They've Got A Weird the word Love To Sell You..."

T,FTFY :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom