• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What format is this and would it work?

Is this Alternative or Active Rock and would it work in a large market?

Here's what I play on my part 15 station:

We are the fallen
Battleore
Metallica
Alice in Chains
Halestorm
The Hooters
Nightwish
Collective Soul
The Rolling Stones
Foo Fighters
Sirenia
Pink Floyd
Bush
Dave Matthews Band
U2
Coldplay
Dark Moor
Staind
Within Temptation
Def Leppard
Breaking Benjamin
Stone Temple Pilots
Foster the People
Drowning Pool
Rob Zombie
Led Zeppelin
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Tool
Delta Goodrem
Korn
Nickelback
Marilyn Manson
Evanescence
Cinderella
Creed
Sarah Brightman
Underwhelmed
Van Halen
Pearl Jam
Staind
Led Zeppelin
Soundgarden
Alanis Morissette
Slipknot
A Perfect Circle
Alice Cooper
Beth Current
Collective Soul
Seether

I like to combine Symphonic Rock/Metal, Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop Rock, Baroque pop, Hard Rock, Alternative, Classical Crossover and Adult Album Alternative into one.

Pretty good line-up!!

Evanescence, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Within Temptation, and Nightwish are my favourite bands, but the latter 2 and other Symphonic Metal / Symphonic Rock bands aren't heard on the radio in the U.S., but I think that they need to be. People would like them if they heard them. The same goes for the newer and the pre-Fallen Evanescence.

I'm surprised that nobody responded to this topic.

What does everyone else think?

Interesting playlist. Definately not alternative, but not really active either. An alternative station wouldn't play any of the classic rock. And an active rock station wouldn't play something like Coldplay. There are alternative/active hybrids but even those wouldn't touch things like The Hooters.

Seems more like a variety hits station -- just with more of a rock focus.

^ I wouldn't call some of that "hits" because mainstream American radio has not heard bands such as We Are The Fallen, Sirenia, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, or the newer Evanescence. And, as I said before, I think that many would like them a lot if they heard them. They aren't stale like so much else on the radio!

Having said that, I honestly think you have one hell of a list, phil, but drop the Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, & STP, please!! Replace it with some Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and similar to that.

Rock Metal!!

Id call this station a Freeform Rock Format,,, Great Choice for a Part 15 ;).... My part 15 is kinda freeform,,, but its all some form of alternative.

One thing I'm finding as you scan mainstream and internet radio that the definition of Alternative can be quite vast. For Instance some call Alternative mainly grunge rock from the 80s 80s and new indies, while others are defining Alternative as DIY, Indie Pop and Alternative Rock with even some AAA Americana and Folk thrown in for good measure.

It's grledgnial rock. I just made up the name for this format, for this mix and sound of rock.

It's pronounced gerrr-LEDGE-nee-uhl.

Seriously, it need not have a name to exist and be its own thing.

And of course it would work. But many will be willing to say it can't work.

Make Nightwish, Evanescence, Within Temptation, and Pink Floyd your core bands and call your station "The Raven". This is what I've always wanted to do, anyway. ;)

Very nice playlist!!

I like the "Free form" format. I'd have to agree on that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom