• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM570 Las Cruces

howardm

Frequent Participant
In our travels recall this station playing traditional country, from the 50's and 60's. Quite enjoyable & signal was good in ElPaso. Anybody know when that changed?

Are you referring to "K-Great AM 570, The Las Cruces Tradition"? I was there from 1985 - 1989. It certainly was a GREAT Traditional Country station at that time. We also had some super ratings and a wonderful signal that covered into El Paso as well as on up I-25 into Albuquerque. The Tony Lama store had us do remotes once a month (on a Saturday) and we sure attracted the Highway listeners. Sold a lot of boots and Cowboy hats too.

The station is now KSNM and runs mostly syndicated second tier Right Wing talk in a market that is predominately "Progressive Democratic". That means very little or no ratings for this huge signal. The braintrusts in Las Cruces are kind of 'stupid'. Even KOBE can't get the numbers and they have Flushbo & Insannity. Really DUMB broadcasters there.

Maybe AM 570 should go back to "The Las Cruces Tradition".

I don't remember when it flipped, but KGRT has, over the years, been a simulcast of 103.9 (right after dumping classic country) and, when it first became KSNM, standards and talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom