• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AUGUST 2011 RATINGS - 98.5 The Sports Hub vs. WEEI

kalendar

Inactive
Inactive User
98.5 The Sports Hub vs. WEEI

AUGUST 2011 RATINGS:

MEN 25-54

Toucher & Rich – [EDIT*] (1st)
Dennis & Callahan – [EDIT*] (4th)

Gresh & Zolak – [EDIT*] (1st)
Mut & Merloni – [EDIT*] (12th)

Felger & Massarotti – [EDIT*] (1st)
The Big Show – [EDIT*] (6th)

MEN 18-49

Dennis & Callahan – [EDIT*] (5th-tied)

Mut & Merloni – [EDIT*] (14th)

The Big Show – [EDIT*] (9th)

MEN 18-34

Dennis & Callahan – [EDIT*] (11th)

Gresh & Zolak – [EDIT*] (3rd)
Mut & Merloni – [EDIT*] (16th)

Felger & Massarotti – [EDIT*] (2nd)
The Big Show – [EDIT*] (16th)

[EDIT*-The posting of individual numbers for non-6+ demos and dayparts are not allowed. Rankers are permitted]

Great breakdown...
so sports fans... will WEEI magically get better ratings JUST for being on FM? Or do they need to tweak their line-up? I guess we'll see if people actually prefer FM better than AM - or if they prefer the 98.5 shows over the EEI shows

magically get better ratings JUST for being on FM?
You would think so but 98.5's got a fall-football-advantage. What happens if the Pats are really good right through till Jan'12?

98.5's 18-34's are smokin, but 25-54's are surprising though (Mostly 2+/1 and slightly less in AM-drive). EEI would have hoped for better there.

Amazing how the lack of Howard has helped all of these other mediocre morning shows, such as Toucher and Rich... I'm sure around the country they're thanking their lucky stars that he's off on the satellite of love.

T&R has gotten pretty good in my opinion.

Certainly better than mediocre.

Gresh of Felger on the other hand, now that's some unlistenable radio right there.

But yeah, I don't think Howard really helped stations like this.....it's just a natural growth in people wanting more sports talk, especially in the Bostons and Phillys of the world.

The Howard die-hards are with SXM, as are lots of real sports talk die hards (they have a 24/7 Fantasy Sports channel for blanks sake)!

thetheo said:
...SXM... (they have a 24/7 Fantasy Sports channel for blanks sake)!

They have a channel dedicated to the World Champion Chicago Cubs? ;D

These ratings clearly debunk how WEEI gave the Bruins credit for the Sports Hub's huge Spring numbers. 98.5 dominated in the two months where the only game in town was Red Sox baseball, by dominating Red Sox baseball station.

... and THAT is saying something - that the upstart sports radio station upends the established sports radio station with Red Sox radio broadcasts.

I know that the numbers were removed, but the rankers don't tell the whole story, because it looks a lot closer than it actually is. It's fairly unbelievable how far ahead TSH is of WEEI.

kalendar said:
I know that the numbers were removed, but the rankers don't tell the whole story, because it looks a lot closer than it actually is. It's fairly unbelievable how far ahead TSH is of WEEI.
It's pretty obvious from your few posts that you have a relationship with The Sports Hub. Care to reveal it? You were the first one to post these show by show ratings, which supposedly are for the subscribers only.

kalendar said:

AUGUST 2011 RATINGS:

MEN 25-54

MEN 18-49

MEN 18-34

[EDIT*-The posting of individual numbers for non-6+ demos and dayparts are not allowed. Rankers are permitted]

Could someone please tell me what demographics consistently place 850 in the top 10, over 98.5, seeing that the Hub is boasting the key demo numbers posted above? Exactly what crumbs does 850 scavenge from the rest of the demos to continually best the Hub in overall 6+ ratings?

-

iyiyi said:
kalendar said:

AUGUST 2011 RATINGS:

MEN 25-54

MEN 18-49

MEN 18-34

Could someone please tell me what demographics consistently place 850 in the top 10, over 98.5, seeing that the Hub is boasting the key demo numbers posted above? Exactly what crumbs does 850 scavenge from the rest of the demos to continually best the Hub in overall 6+ ratings?

-
I wondered about that too. It seems that Mr./Ms. kalendar only reports the ratings that are favorable to 98.5.

iyiyi said:

In most of the female demos, WEEI beats the Sports Hub. Not that it counts for much with that format, which is male-driven, but that's what the data shows.

Generally speaking, in the older male demos that start with 35 (35-54 and 35-64) WEEI and WBZ FM are in a horse race. In the younger demos, WBZ FM dominates.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom