• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rhythmic AC success stories

G

Groove1670

What are some stations that are seeing success with this format (Jammin' oldies such as KYOT) can be included.

musiconradio.com said:
What are some stations that are seeing success with this format (Jammin' oldies such as KYOT) can be included.

Is KYOT really finding success with this format? Didn't they just "officially" change last week? I think it is cookie-cutter, boring, and I wouldn't even classify it as Rhythmic AC.

The Rhythmic AC format is just a fade format like the 80's ,90's format, Jack and Bob stations. Once the buzz is over the ratings dropped and its time for a new format. Honeslty I like the format for party tunes even at the gym but it has no long term success. Clear Channel just flipped them all to CHR or Rhythmic. Even WKTU is more CHR based now. But If I had a choice of my favorite it would be KHJZ Honolulu, Hawaii and KQOD Stockton.

Amid recent rumors of a format change it seems like 106.7 The Beat in Detroit rebounded nicely in the August PPMs. Not really a success story, but it has done better than the other formats they tried during the previous decade prior to the launch of The Beat. Some believe, though, that part of the station's gain may have been due to people sampling the station after learning of the death of personality Jevon Hollywood.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom