• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Screw it, giving H-town radio the finger already

I've barely driven anywhere but now that I have a car charger for my phone, I just stream music with the phone plugged in while listening through its tiny crappy speaker. As soon as I get an FM transmitter I can listen over my car stereo. I'm just so sick and tired of what most of our stations have to offer. Great job, Houston radio. Hope everyone starts learning Spanish.

Don't go over your bandwidth or you wont be able to get on the Internet or stream on your phone!

Hot 957 is a good station, I like to listen to 97.9 the box at night, 96.5 has a good show on Saturdays now also. Houston still has pretty good radio even with all the Spanish stations.

Not all of Houston radio sucks. Check out the non-comm section on FM. Once you're hooked, you won't be able to stand the commercials on the commercial stations (or on TV). I'll never get satellite radio because of this hidden gem on the dial.

The commercial majority doesn't speak for all of radio!

sdh483 said:
I've barely driven anywhere but now that I have a car charger for my phone, I just stream music with the phone plugged in while listening through its tiny crappy speaker. As soon as I get an FM transmitter I can listen over my car stereo. I'm just so sick and tired of what most of our stations have to offer. Great job, Houston radio. Hope everyone starts learning Spanish.

Sdh483, im light years ahead of you. Until we get a 2nd urban choice in this so-called market, whenever i get tired of listening to The Box in my car you can catch me either streaming Dallas' K104 or Atlanta's V103 on the TuneIn radio app on my phone in the car.

what about kidd kraddick in Houston, he just started down there, always seems to be popular amongst the masses.

Who cares? The low end of the dial is hardly listenable because of their poor signals to south of Houston. I sorta grew tired of KACC because their heavy on the classic rock I am tired of listening, forget classical because 91.7 is such a terrible signal. I'd rather hear some alternative and indie programming on the lower end than something I can get on comm stations anyways.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom