• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Ways

D

DoubleC

So what are your sales folks doing to get sales in this economy? what new and different things are they doing or are they just doing what they always do.

I'm not a seller, but am the business manager so I see everything that happens. Our stations are creating more advertising packages with cheaper deals, so it makes the idea of buying more appealing to the client. The goal is to also sell more long-term deals, since that's really where the money is. So by offering cheaper long-term deals, we've had a better 2011 than 2010 (so far). To give the sellers an extra boost, since it's harder than normal to get sales, we've been offering them sales incentives... kind of lights a fire under their butts.

I am a seller billing over a million a year.
Never sell cheaper rates, if you start low you have nowhere to go but even lower.

Come in with value and ideas to grow their business.
If you can deliver on both, they WILL pay what you're worth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom