• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How can I use Windows Media Encoder (Version 9) on a Laptop for port forwarding.

Hi I am trying to help out a non-profit radio station do live broadcasts in-expensively? I know there are many using Verizon/Cricket Wireless Modems to send audio back to the station to go live on the air? How do I go about this?

Thanx

RadioRohn for 88.7 WEHA Radio....

You can call me if you have answer for me?

[email protected]

Do they have anything running Windows Server (Any Version) at the station? That would make it easier.

On the laptop,

1. Setup the encoder & pick a port.
2. Depends on below.
3. In the firewall, open that port (udp & tcp).

Now, the IP will change each time they logon to the wireless. That is why I asked about a server. If you have something at the station, add the Windows Media Services (Free). Then, you would setup the encoder to PUSH to the server. Then, the machine in the studio that would play it back would connect to the in house server (since it's IP will always be the same, you can save a location in media player for them).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom