• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

death pool

Howie Carr's death pool? He may have been in previous ones; not sure about last one. On Howie's show, it was said they'd have to go back to the RKO studios and look it up (they are doing a remote from Springfield today)

And boy did he sound bad. Unless he is blaming on the problems of the world on Illegals or Obama,Carr sounds totally bored. Compassion for people is not his strong suit. It was so dreadful I tuned into Meehan and Keene and never turned back to RKO.

The other day I turned on Carr after the news and it took him close to 4 minutes to get through all his plugs for his book, Olsen Cadiliac and The T shirt guy in Maine.

Of interest because of the tornadoes that hit, etc.
Tech snafus: for some reason Howie couldn't hear the callers in his headphones. A few times:
"You're next with Howie Carr"
"Hello Howie (etc.)
"So and so are you there? They're not there. Let's try another call"
"I'm here Howie can you hear me?"
And so on it goes with a couple callers, then "let's take a break, we'll try to fix this."

The callers are audible to listeners but Howie couldn't hear them. Maybe headphone level
wasn't turned up or a switch not turned on?
As for the compassion bit, yes there was one caller in the 4pm hour who had a sad situation
and Howie didn't sound too sympathetic, and was almost telling them "what's your point," etc.
Finally it was suggested the caller give their name and number to Sandy and a local pol
(state rep, etc.) could try to help

RIP former WWZN personality Papa Joe Chevalier... WWZN was One-On-One Sports for awhile, wasn't it?

raccoonradio said:
As for the compassion bit, yes there was one caller in the 4pm hour who had a sad situation
and Howie didn't sound too sympathetic, and was almost telling them "what's your point," etc.
Finally it was suggested the caller give their name and number to Sandy and a local pol
(state rep, etc.) could try to help

Why are they going to Howie? What's he, the pope?

Howie said on Fri that they would have a new pool Tues 4pm. Sure enough, no new pool today.

He must have forgot and he's off today; one of his daughters is getting an award of something;
"it's at 6:30 pm and so I'm taking the whole day off". McScreamer will be in.

There was a local pol on (a state Rep. I think) with them Friday. They got the caller to give their info to Sandy or someone and the Rep. would help.

the rep wouldn't help, the program director came on and directed the caller to 211, run by the united way for the state.

death pool today for Peter FAlk?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom