• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Flashback Cathy Dennis

wdb2003

Star Participant
I notice her hits Just Another Dream, Touch Me All Night Long, and Comn Get My Love have been getting airplay on Rhythmic AC stations KJHM Denver ,KJHZ Hawaii and WDTW in Detroit. I was way too young to remeber those songs. Were these hits on Top 40 and Rhythmic radio during the early 90's? I have them on my ipod and I actually like them

wdb2003 said:
I notice her hits Just Another Dream, Touch Me All Night Long, and Comn Get My Love have been getting airplay on Rhythmic AC stations KJHM Denver ,KJHZ Hawaii and WDTW in Detroit. I was way too young to remeber those songs. Were these hits on Top 40 and Rhythmic radio during the early 90's? I have them on my ipod and I actually like them

Yes, yes, and yes :) All great songs!

I know all of them are on rotation on my ipod. Great workout songs. For the song Just Another Dream is that Rick Astley also? Hes not credited on the song

It was indeed Rick Astley. Other Cathy Dennis hits included You Lied to Me (fall '92), Irresistible (spring '93), and ballad Too Many Walls (summer '91).

For the record, "C'mon Get My Love," which was featured in that 1989 film "She Devil," was actually recorded by D'Mob. She just got the billing as lead vocalist, along with the follow-up "Thats The Way of The World."

I've heard "Too Many Walls" and "Touch Me (All Night Long)" on WYJB in Albany before (a mainstream AC)... hearing Taylor Dayne on AC cracks me up and makes me feel old at the same time too :p

The last time I heard Touch Me All Night Long on live actual radio was on KJLL here in Los Angeles last year during their Jill phase before that was (defunct) KMVN. Pride Radio HD plays it every now and then. Just heard Taylor Dayne this past weekend on KHHT

Actually it wasn't Rick Astley that did the backing vocals on Just Another Dream. It was either Dancin Danny D (from D-Mob) or Fonzi Thorton. I was board op-ing Hanging With Hollywood back in the early 90's and Hamilton interviewed Rick Astley. The question was asked if it was him and he sad it wasn't him. And now you know the rest of the story LoL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom