• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Generation X

radioaircheck said:
Does anyone feel that Clear Channel will launch a "Generation X" format in DFW? Just curious. Eagle would be a good choice or 102.9.

I do, 102.9 would be a perfect fit. They're already playing music from the 90's.

I've wanted something like this for years. Those of us who are 20/30 something actually liked many of the 90's songs. But that was 20 years ago. Wait. I think that just made me old.

I've crossed over the 40 threshold and I would love this - Leave Mix alone and kill 97.1... too much overlap with Da Edge and Eagle ratings are high on the Suck-o-meter! ;D

I've tried pitching this for a few years now. A Gen X format for those 40somethings like myself who came of age in the late 80's/early 90's. Seems like a moneymaker and a sure thing. So doubt if it will happen.

The concept might be "Focus Grouped" and then shelved.

jeffdfw said:
I've crossed over the 40 threshold and I would love this - Leave Mix alone and kill 97.1... too much overlap with Da Edge and Eagle ratings are high on the Suck-o-meter! ;D

Wouldn't that format kinda overlap with Mix then?

I would listen. The Edge is the closest thing I hear that partially plays that type of music, just with too much new stuff mixed in. Give me Gen X all of the time. And a good 80's, early 90's Hip Hop station and I'm happy.

T4 In Rockwall said:
I would listen. The Edge is the closest thing I hear that partially plays that type of music, just with too much new stuff mixed in. Give me Gen X all of the time. And a good 80's, early 90's Hip Hop station and I'm happy.

That's funny because I think the Edge plays too much old stuff. :D

A Ticket listener talking about music is like a Chinese talking about pizza. A constant diet of repetition and commercials dulls the ear.

What Clear channel really needs to do is make the Edge more of an Alternative, Active rock and make 97.1 Gen X Radio. I think that would actually work.

radioaircheck said:
What Clear channel really needs to do is make the Edge more of an Alternative, Active rock and make 97.1 Gen X Radio. I think that would actually work.

I agree

I thought when The Eagle came back, everyone was happy. Sure don't seem that way now.

bucwhyl said:
I thought when The Eagle came back, everyone was happy. Sure don't seem that way now.

Probably because of ol' Russ being on here

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom