• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity's syndicator and staged calls

mic_check said:
Air America HAD to have paid callers because no one of "credibility" would want to or willingly go on Shultz's show. As you can see by the failure that network is. The Limbaugh's, Hannity's and Beck's of the radio world have enough credible people that are dying to be on their shows.

Shultz was never on Air America. Jones and now Dial Global syndicates his show.

Since Limbaugh, Beck and others claim that they are strictly entertainers, it's naieve to think they have never
used paid stooge callers.

MikeShannon914 said:
And your "people" can do no wrong.

That loud creak and thud you just heard was the last mind closing.

That loud creak and thud is the reminder of your traffic career, traffic boy.

Frank Provasek said:
mic_check said:
Air America HAD to have paid callers because no one of "credibility" would want to or willingly go on Shultz's show. As you can see by the failure that network is. The Limbaugh's, Hannity's and Beck's of the radio world have enough credible people that are dying to be on their shows.

Shultz was never on Air America. Jones and now Dial Global syndicates his show.

Since Limbaugh, Beck and others claim that they are strictly entertainers, it's naieve to think they have never
used paid stooge callers.

If you've never worked for a MAJOR radio show then I would suggest refraining from commenting on screening calls or how the show is run.

Though I do not listen to any of them on the radio, I am familiar with them on television, and I must say that at least when they have graphic material coming they let families know and advise that they leave the room with the little ones. There is a station down the road from here where the jock has people calling in to say that their one year old child would like to hear a tune that turns out to be pretty inappropriate stuff. And there is also her commentary on who is closeted, the Pee Wee Herman brigades, etc. I guess it is a new "mature" touch or something the station told her to do.

So, all in all, if the calls are staged (and I suspect that most of them are in the case I just described) I would suggest that from what I observe the three men who are the topic of this thread probably do not go outside the realm of propriety as it pertains to children on the air - not even a "hmph hmph hmph" slider in music with commentary.

This service is not for talk shows like Limbaugh, it's for morning shows. Limbaugh, Beck, etc have jammed phone lines anyway and don't need gimmicks like this.

Shultz and other low-rated talk shows might need that, but don't get it from this service.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom