• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Everything is so bad on this board....what's good?

DFW_Radio_2000 said:
Stretch said:
I have absolutely no problem paying for a good, listenable, quality product that doesn't bore me with mindless prattle or the same ten song playlist or other kinds of real bad programming intruped every 7 minutes by 7 minutes of commercials. Really, does anybody actually listen to commercials on such a massive scale? Doesn't everybody just punch up something else to listen to or do something else during these breaks or just lose track of what you were listening to when you switched and not tune in again, just asking ??? ??? Never had a problem when a commercial break was two minutes then back to the program, Then, you mostly kept tuned during the break, maybe even paid attention to the spots and then presto, the program resumed but now, no way in hell will I'm staying with that when the programming, for the most part, isn't worth the wait. I'm getting rid of satellite TV for the same reasons, dumbed down programming and commercial fatigue. Just not worth the price although I'll miss some of the music only programming.

I know somebody here in Dallas that mixes in funny fake commercials in the middle of a few breaks to see if anyone catches them or if people are still tuned in during the break they have something to laugh at while waiting.

My favorite is the "blonde star spot"...a chick presses her on-star button to get help because she locked herself in her car and the keys are on the outside of it.

I'd say the name but everytime I do someone says I'm beating their drum again...can't help it, their friends of mine and do a talk show on the weekend that is live, local and not a pay to play.

Funny? I play blonde star! Do I know you? ;D

-BGH

To me, music radio is bad. I assume that is the thing most of you are complaining about. Most of my music listening comes from several online stations and SiriusXM. As for over the air, nothing beats KTCK and KKDA. That's all I listen to. If I could get KGGR-FM in my house and car on a regular basis, they would be added as well. This market needs a 24 hour full signal Gospel FM station.....STAT!!!!!!!

salemjedi54 said:
To me, music radio is bad. I assume that is the thing most of you are complaining about. Most of my music listening comes from several online stations and SiriusXM. As for over the air, nothing beats KTCK and KKDA. That's all I listen to. If I could get KGGR-FM in my house and car on a regular basis, they would be added as well. This market needs a 24 hour full signal Gospel FM station.....STAT!!!!!!!

Interesting...

radioaircheck said:
Gospel Music does not sell.. A good example is that KKGM no longer plays it and has since gone talk.

That's Southern Gospel....
Im talking about Black Gospel.

salemjedi54 said:
That's Southern Gospel....
Im talking about Black Gospel.
I guess someone wants it,
but I'm sure if you were to go to other parts of this Great Nation a lot of people would say you could take most of those Gospel stations back with you.

(there's a lot of places where that's just
about the only thing you get on the radio)

I was dumbfounded of all the catholic stations that are on in Philly.

But then Dallas got one. And lo and behold! Its still on!

Wish Pugs was on in Pittsburg or Boston. He could even move there!

Anything is possible I guess.

-BGH

Here is not just a list of what I personally think is good, but what must be good because it is still on:

Russ Martin Show - From Eagle mornings, to 105.3 mornings, to 105.3 afternoons, and back to the Eagle mornings... still getting the ratings
Rather solid rock list during the day, but Skull and Ryan should be allowed to talk more

Kid Kraddick - The dude is STILL on the air. Personally, I can't stand him, but I appreciate his show

Mornings are better with music
Jesse in the afternoons is solid, but she needs more talk time. As with Kraddick, I don't care for her much, but she has a strong offering.

I never though Jack would last, but damn... still there... still playing from my iTunes playlists...

820am/96.7fm
WBAP's been solid for years. If you are into talk, it's one of the best in the country.

Those are the ones I can give positives on without being too snarky.

just sayin'...

BingoMacGee said:
Here is not just a list of what I personally think is good, but what must be good because it is still on:

Russ Martin Show - From Eagle mornings, to 105.3 mornings, to 105.3 afternoons, and back to the Eagle mornings... still getting the ratings
Rather solid rock list during the day, but Skull and Ryan should be allowed to talk more

Kid Kraddick - The dude is STILL on the air. Personally, I can't stand him, but I appreciate his show

Mornings are better with music
Jesse in the afternoons is solid, but she needs more talk time. As with Kraddick, I don't care for her much, but she has a strong offering.

I never though Jack would last, but damn... still there... still playing from my iTunes playlists...

820am/96.7fm
WBAP's been solid for years. If you are into talk, it's one of the best in the country.

Those are the ones I can give positives on without being too snarky.

just sayin'...

100.3 will still be around for a while. I think

if the question what is good on radio was asked 5 or 6 years ago i would have said WKLU radio when it was owned by bruce quinn.

it had the underground sound with deep cuts. definatly not the same -old, same -old boring hand full of music played on it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom