• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

If you could keep only one ...

Tony Williams

Inactive
Inactive User
If you could keep only one, would it be:

1. Your television?

2. Your radio?

Nothing else, Robinson Crusoe is your tour guide.

No iphones, ipads, knee pads, eyes in the sky, Internet, netbooks, notebooks, desktops, flattops, stove tops ...

OK ... OK ... you may take your wife ... or leave her. That's it.

Just a radio ... or a TV ...

Which will it be?

Tony

Tony Williams said:
If you could keep only one, would it be:

1. Your television?

2. Your radio?

Nothing else, Robinson Crusoe is your tour guide.

No iphones, ipads, knee pads, eyes in the sky, Internet, netbooks, notebooks, desktops, flattops, stove tops ...

OK ... OK ... you may take your wife ... or leave her. That's it.

Just a radio ... or a TV ...

Which will it be?

Tony

It would have to be the tv for me. My imagination has worn over the years, so I'd need the visual stimulation to accompany the audio aspect.

Radio is theater of the mind and my mind is a wasteland now...likely cause would be the tv...go figure.

As bad as radio is now, I'd have to say tv. I mix my own music and make my own cds now anyway.

Radio! Local-internet-satellite.

"Television stretches the imagination up to 25 inches." (Stan Freberg)

Wait... what kind of screwed up world do you live in where terrestrial broadcast is all you can get?

No, I will not live in that world... I will not.

... but I would go with radio. When I get so mad at the crap programming, I would feel better about throwing the $20 radio into the ocean than I would the $800 TV.

... but that's just me...

Radio. It will be more useful if this 3 hour cruise winds up shipwrecked on an uncharted desert isle. ;D

Well...

Since Digital TV doesn't travel as far as analog I rule it out!

I'd go with Radio. AM/ FM/XM/SW combo. Battery powered and with lithium ion ones.

Several Long Zinc Metal bars I can cut into strips and lemons...LOTS AND LOTS OF LEMONS!!!

And a hot peal diving polynesian chick named "Wednesday"!

I'd allow Bingo to come along with us but the transporter would probably malfunction again! ;D

-BGH

dfaulkner said:
Radio. It will be more useful if this 3 hour cruise winds up shipwrecked on an uncharted desert isle. ;D

:-[ Guess that should be "a 3 hour tour."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom