• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

3 Choices Dance fans

Hardrocker9

Frequent Participant
So on the internet there are 3 choices for dance based off some great stations that used to air in NY, The original Hot 97, Pulse87NY, and now Hot 97 classics. So why is it that none of these great stations are on the sub HD channels like 97.1-HD3 or 101.9-HD3 or any other channels that are available? Just wondering, cause if this was to happen it might push me to get an HD radio in my car. Plus it would be an option for dance fans, and could be the push that HD needs.

There already is a choice for dance music on HD. 103.5 HD2. It is a national Clear Channel channel like Club Phusion, but targets the GLBT crowd. Gotta love Zune HD's lol, got my monies worth.

There are way more than 3 choices online.

I wish we had a station like Mix HD2 in Baltimore.

You've got a 4th choice: My radio show. Judy Torres (from KTU) will be a guest on my radio show tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 18th 5-7pm on WPRK-FM 91.5 in Orlando. You can stream online at: http://www.wprkdj.org.

Wha-whaaaat?! :eek:

Shameless plug. 8)

I don't think radio wants to invest in purchasing programming (even on the cheap) for HD stations since there are a bare few of us that have HD radios, especially with stations once on the terrestrial side that were products of other companies. That's the reason why CC has the "Pride Radio" on 103.5-HD2 since it is "their" brand.

If you want dance RIGHT NOW, you might be able to talk a corporation into leasing an HD signal. And to that, I'll be honest.....BAD INVESTMENT. Unless they make HD radio "standard" in future cars, forget it. Even to that I've read somewhere GM cut a deal with Pandora to have their streaming Internet stations available in some of their cars next year (such as the Volt)

Tony Santiago said:
I don't think radio wants to invest in purchasing programming (even on the cheap) for HD stations since there are a bare few of us that have HD radios, especially with stations once on the terrestrial side that were products of other companies. That's the reason why CC has the "Pride Radio" on 103.5-HD2 since it is "their" brand.

If you want dance RIGHT NOW, you might be able to talk a corporation into leasing an HD signal. And to that, I'll be honest.....BAD INVESTMENT. Unless they make HD radio "standard" in future cars, forget it. Even to that I've read somewhere GM cut a deal with Pandora to have their streaming Internet stations available in some of their cars next year (such as the Volt)

It will be awesome when that happens. Internet radio is the future. I wonder if our kids kids will even know what fm radio is.

DanceDiva3 said:
It's Teeeee-Shirt Time !!!!! 8)

I would say that the exposure dance music gets on Jersey Shore isn't exactly positive exposure. But it's exposure nonetheless.

I might be wrong, since I refuse to watch that show.

Nick said:
DanceDiva3 said:
It's Teeeee-Shirt Time !!!!! 8)

I would say that the exposure dance music gets on Jersey Shore isn't exactly positive exposure. But it's exposure nonetheless.

I might be wrong, since I refuse to watch that show.

Don't need to watch the show, just show up at Karma & Bamboo! Clubs there reached maximum capacity and bamboo draws in a great crowd during the off season.

Dance fans have no station now,there is no dance music unless you have an iphone or a sirius radio.
Why there needs to be so many of the same on the dial is beyond me.
92.3,95.5,100.3 play new music.
97.9,96.3,93.1,92.7 all spanish
101.9 and 104.3 are BOTH playing classic rock
107.5,98.7,105.1,97.1 all play rap so does 100.3
whats left?
Where is an all OLDIES,all standards,all big band,beautiful music,NEWalternative rock,JAMZ station,Dance,classic hip hop?No all 70s?no all 80s? oh yeah no classic dance(KTU was close)
Why do we need doubles and triples?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom