FM X-Band 76-87.7 Mhz
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FM X-Band 76-87.7 Mhz

FM X-Band 76-87.7 Mhz

Why dosn't the FCC just expand the FM band all the way down to 76 Hhz??

No more Analog TV, So what's the hold up?? except in City's that has DTV on Ch. 5 or 6

There's LPTV broadcasting on 87.7 on Audio Only, that might change

Re: FM X-Band 76-87.7 Mhz

Excellent Question.....!
    "Modulating carriers since the '80s"

Quote Originally Posted by edarmsttrong
    Excellent Question.....!
    Only 43 views & 1 Reply...

This should happen

I'm actually approving of expanding the FM band into 76-88 MHz... and provided that we give DTV channels on 5 and 6 ample time to relocate, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd even allocate part of this FM X-Band for non-commercial stations (of course, keeping 88-92 MHz non-com only as well), and it'd perhaps give many first-time broadcasters (and former pirate stations, such as in NYC? maybe that can apply for legitimate licenses in the 76-88 band ) entry into the expanded band. And you know that old TV audio radio that you have? Voila, it'd be useful again

Quote Originally Posted by danikayser84
    I'm actually approving of expanding the FM band into 76-88 MHz... and provided that we give DTV channels on 5 and 6 ample time to relocate, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd even allocate part of this FM X-Band for non-commercial stations (of course, keeping 88-92 MHz non-com only as well), and it'd perhaps give many first-time broadcasters (and former pirate stations, such as in NYC? maybe that can apply for legitimate licenses in the 76-88 band ) entry into the expanded band. And you know that old TV audio radio that you have? Voila, it'd be useful again
    Are you in the FCC or something??

When do you think it will happen?? If this goes, stores need to import Japanese Radios & Walkman's

Now 87.7 will indeed be a legal frequ..

MarioMania: Nah, I'm not associated with the FCC... but knowing them, either it might take years or it'll never happen

In order to find this vast new source of broadband for rural internet (ha!) and to keep wireless folks happy (so they can sell more smart phones and make big money on usage charges--real reason); latest Commission proposals are to move more TV stations back down into the lower VHF bands. Many long time V's fled these channels for UHF because of tropo (which digital just hates) and the proliferation of new "Hi-Def" TV antennas which proved to be garden variety UHF log periodic and corner reflector antennas.

latest Commission proposals are to move more TV stations back down into the lower VHF bands.
    That would a mess

Many long time V's fled these channels for UHF because of tropo (which digital just hates)
    It's because VHF Sucks in digital

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania
    There's LPTV broadcasting on 87.7 on Audio Only, that might change
    to LPFM (along with 87.5 and 87.9).  Remember the Low Power Community FM law?  The FCC might implement that service on those three frequencies.  New FM iPod transmitters might be mandated to be only on those frequencies.

The U.S. will finally utilize the entire international FM band (87.5-108.0 MHz)! 76-87.5 MHz, I don't think so.

Please explain why you don't think so....

LPFM, Com, Non Com, AM Station's would go in the new Expaned Band

Why is it takng the FCC this long to decide what to do with analog Ch. 5 & 6 for FM

I'm for this, or even down to 50 Mhz

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast