• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ambitious Local Online Radio Startup Flops

Barry said:
There are at least 2 online radio stations aimed at country music fans in NYC, which of course does not have a terrestrial station devoted to the genre. One is WOR Country/ The Elephant. The other is Go Country NY, which has voice tracked dj's. It is operated by Mt. Wilson Broadcasting's Go Country 105, in Los Angeles..
I wonder if they attract a significant audience.

They don't.

I just did a traffic analysis on both sites. WORCOUNTRY has on average 10,000 listeners a week. GoCountryNY doesn't have enough traffic to register.

I think WOR's traffic is tried to the parent site, so the numbers may be misleading. The entire WOR website gets 60K a month.

TheBigA said:
I just did a traffic analysis on both sites. WORCOUNTRY has on average 10,000 listeners a week. GoCountryNY doesn't have enough traffic to register.

I'm curious as to how they track online listeners in general. If a person clicks the link to listen, then closes the media player, and then 5 minutes later clicks back on to listen again, does that count as 2 listeners for the week?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom