• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Norsan

Is Norberto Sanchez on the same track as other Hispanic Owners who has all the "want to's" but known of the experience needed to build a successful broadcast operation in the Charlotte and Greensboro markets?

I've been hearing his name for a few years, and he's built a nice portfolio of about 10 stations, plus newspapers, magazines, ad trucks, etc....and I think he owns or owned some Mexican restaurants also.

Not sure if he actually knows what he's doing or just has a lot of money to play around with, but I respect his entrepreneurial spirit in this economy.

Agree however he has made some pretty wild purchases that have come back to bite him in the butt like a 50,000 AM Daytimer with poor signal. Just wanted to know who knew what.

RadioAMFM said:
I've been hearing his name for a few years, and he's built a nice portfolio of about 10 stations, plus newspapers, magazines, ad trucks, etc....and I think he owns or owned some Mexican restaurants also.

Not sure if he actually knows what he's doing or just has a lot of money to play around with, but I respect his entrepreneurial spirit in this economy.

I think this is a true reflection!

Now what does that mean, A true reflection! Mr Sanchez is a guy that has lots of money and has a good idea but no leadership in the broadcasting field. He is LMA'ing a number of stations that are costing him a ton every month and do not think he is seeing that kind of returen on his revenues. He has three or four stations in the Charlotte market and they are all going after the same pool of money. It could be they are being sold as a comgo and that would make sense. Hispanic Radio needs more that some Hispanics on the air and on the street.

nuffsaid said:
Now what does that mean, A true reflection! Mr Sanchez is a guy that has lots of money and has a good idea but no leadership in the broadcasting field. He is LMA'ing a number of stations that are costing him a ton every month and do not think he is seeing that kind of returen on his revenues. He has three or four stations in the Charlotte market and they are all going after the same pool of money. It could be they are being sold as a comgo and that would make sense. Hispanic Radio needs more that some Hispanics on the air and on the street.

I agree with all what you're typing...I also agree that he has a lot of money but they aren't doing the right thing about programming. And yes. They're selling the stations and their "newspaper" as a Combo.

8)

Now that is a smart move! He still needs a street savy broadcaster to help him to the next level. WNOW from Gaffney is breathing down his neck with little or no effort in the Charlotte Metro. Do understand the Greensboro is making headway in the 18-34 demo but desperately needs to be more local and have some street presence. As I am told there is a small sales team in GSO but nothing else.

nuffsaid said:
Now that is a smart move! He still needs a street savy broadcaster to help him to the next level. WNOW from Gaffney is breathing down his neck with little or no effort in the Charlotte Metro. Do understand the Greensboro is making headway in the 18-34 demo but desperately needs to be more local and have some street presence. As I am told there is a small sales team in GSO but nothing else.

AMEN! The only problem is that if your last name isn't Sanchez, you chances of getting hired are None.

Great to support family but business is business. It is my understanding that Mr. Sanchez has a brother or brother in law that is involved and he has zero broadcast experience. There are a number of broadcasters out there that could easily put some top spin on his operation and most likely help them reach their goals. Seems he has a pretty good stable of stations but lacks the knowledge to bring them to the forefront of success!

Did I read correctly that one of the Sanchez stations are changing format to Spanish Sports? I am sure there is a market for this but is there enough market for the format?

nuffsaid said:
Did I read correctly that one of the Sanchez stations are changing format to Spanish Sports? I am sure there is a market for this but is there enough market for the format?

I think you’re referring to WNOW-am in Mint Hill outside of Charlotte. That isn’t Norsan I think is still Davidson. They will broadcast ESPN in Spanish, another mistake with that station. That format will not work in Charlotte. It is a shame wasting this way the oldest Spanish station in North Carolina.
:-[

There is one born every day my freind. (a sucker that is) Somebody who thinks Spanish Sports will really do the trick in Charlotte is sadly mistaken. Sorry I confused this station with a Sanchez station. The outcome will still be the same. NOW FM has a huge signal and if could be doing well from all I know. Really not sure about the Hispanic revenues in this market. Think Nosand has 4 or 5 station and as I am told they are sold in combo and that could be a nice piece of change.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom