Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...?

Quote Originally Posted by golden eagles97 View Post
    I was looking at the early returns on ratings for the Christmas season and it's a safe bet to believe that two months of all-Christmas will be with us for years to come. The question now will be who'll flip by Labor Day.
    At some point, going all-Christmas would have to be a long-term bad thing for the station, right? Flip in October or September and you risk a large portion of your regular listenership finding a new favorite AC station (or even listening more to classic hits or country) and not returning when the seasonal schmaltz is stowed away.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    At some point, going all-Christmas would have to be a long-term bad thing for the station, right? Flip in October or September and you risk a large portion of your regular listenership finding a new favorite AC station (or even listening more to classic hits or country) and not returning when the seasonal schmaltz is stowed away.
    I have often wondered if the (regular) AC format suffers during the holiday season when everyone is playing those sappy old Christmas songs, and ignoring the contemporary stuff. I have to wonder if modern-day performers suffer when one of their latest hits just happens to peak during the holiday season.

During a break on the NPR station, music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was played, though it is snowing here. In fact, we are having a white Christmas. There are Orthodox churches in Charlotte NC where the station is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345