Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...?

Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...?

...since Christmas falls on a Saturday this year, should AC stations go back to their regular format on Sunday (12/26) or wait until Monday, when the weekend is over?

Sunday gets my vote....enough already! I wonder if many will hold out until Monday. Both AC stations in my market went back to soft rock on Saturday, 12/26 last year.

Re: Should/will AC's go back to their regular format on 12/26...?

When the clock strikes midnight, it should go back to regular programming, especially the ones that went all-Christmas barely past Halloween. They had all the time in the world to play Christmas music.

Agree. I hope that happens here...heck, I'll take "Hey Soul Sister!"

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaradio
    Agree. I hope that happens here...heck, I'll take "Hey Soul Sister!"
    I wouldn't go THAT far!

Mix 92.9 here in Nashville continued to play Christmas music right through (I believe) New Year's Day this past year, although they quit with the wall-to-wall Christmas music on December 26th. They just continued playing Christmas songs among their regular rotation right up to New Year's. My guess is that they will do that again.

WMYI/Greenville, SC went back to AC at exactly midnight, starting with Rod Stewart's "Tonight's The Night."

HORRAY!

Mix 92.9 here in Nashville is running their usual Christian music program like they do every Sunday morning. To me, that would make for a good transition.

I am guessing that most stations are carrying Delilah and Tesh, so those stations would be carrying whatever programming that Delilah/Tesh would be airing at midnight. I know that that was the case with Mix 92.9 last year, but I have no idea what they did last night, as I had too much tryptophan yesterday, thus was getting my ZZZZs last night.

WMYI/Greenville, SC went back to AC at exactly midnight, starting with Rod Stewart's "Tonight's The Night."
    That would be enough to make me tune out again! :

imhomerjay

Meh...I like having the holiday songs last a bit longer, though I'd prefer a blend--a winding down if you will--just as I'd have prefered a ramping up instead of the all at once approach. WBEB is running all holiday today, and I assume will drop it all at once on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by firepoint525
    That would be enough to make me tune out again! :
    As as long as the woman is speaking French at the end.

I have the I Heart Radio app on my iPhone and listened to a few AC stations last night. Lite FM in Chicago, Star 105.7 Grand Rapids and My 98.1 Chattanooga were among those who still played Christmas songs after midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by imhomerjay
    Meh...I like having the holiday songs last a bit longer, though I'd prefer a blend--a winding down if you will--just as I'd have prefered a ramping up instead of the all at once approach. WBEB is running all holiday today, and I assume will drop it all at once on Monday.
    I mentioned on another thread that I don't mind a few Christmas songs sprinkled in with regular programming through New Years Day, but just not the continuous Christmas songs like in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast