• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Something Fresh In St. Louis

What is a "Fresh" AC station, anyway? I've heard of them before, but is it more like a current-leaning AC station or something? Now that would be an interesting concept. :p

It sounds somewhat like a Hot AC I say. In KEZK case it seems it will just use the Fresh name and stay how they are with some more newer AC tracks.

I would hope it's just a name change to..well freshen things up. Going all the way and becoming a full blown FRESH FM such as NY or Chicago would be a mistake especially considering KEZK has a Hot AC sister station KYKY.

danikayser84 said:
What is a "Fresh" AC station, anyway? I've heard of them before, but is it more like a current-leaning AC station or something? Now that would be an interesting concept. :p

Yes, it's a current-leaning AC. Some might call it a Hot AC that shies away from the heavy rock, rhythmic or indie currents, yet also steers clear of the sleepy Michael Bolton and Celine Dion fare. Some of Clear Channel's ACs (such as Magic 96.5/Birmingham) have moved in a similar direction.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom