• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DIFFERENT song, SAME title!

firepoint525

Walk of Fame Participant
Examples:

"Don't Stop Believing" Olivia Newton-John
"Don't Stop Believing" Journey

"I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight" Barry and the Tamerlanes
"I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight" Boyce and Hart

"Heart and Soul," too many to mention here. Definitely an overused title!

Summertime - The Jaymies
Summertime - Billy Stewart or Sammy Cooke

Turn To Stone - ELO
(I'll)Turn To Stone - The Four Tops

:D

The Cha-Cha-Cha - Sam Cooke
The Cha-Cha-Cha - Bobby Rydell

Dance, Dance, Dance - The Beach Boys
Dance, Dance, Dance - Chic

I think that the song title "Hold On" has had the most different songs (melodies) that charted Hot 100----thirteen I think?

cd

IIRC, during the summer of 1982, there were at least three songs with titles of other hit songs of the past (different songs, of course). "Only the Lonely" by the Motels, not Roy Orbison, is the only one that comes to my mind right now.

Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto - 1963
Sukiyaki - Taste of Honey - 1981
Sukiyaki - 4PM - 1995

oldies76 said:
Sukiyaki - 4PM - 1995
I believe the Kyu Sakamoto and Taste of Honey versions of "Sukiyaki" have different lyrics but the same melody.

Also from 1982, "Gloria," by Laura Brannigan. Not the same as the Shadows of Knight song with the same title. I know there are more from that year.

Les Stock said:
oldies76 said:
Sukiyaki - 4PM - 1995
I believe the Kyu Sakamoto and Taste of Honey versions of "Sukiyaki" have different lyrics but the same melody.

Also from 1982, "Gloria," by Laura Brannigan. Not the same as the Shadows of Knight song with the same title. I know there are more from that year.

Kyo Sakimoto was Japanese, Taste of Honey was English.

Gloria by Laura Branigan not the same as Shadows of Knight, also done by Them.

The Power of Love

Huey Lewis and The News, from Back to the Future
Jennifer Rush
Air Supply

Time- Pink Floyd and Alan Parsons Project

Rock and Roll Fantasy- Bad Co and The Kinks

9-5 Dolly Parton and Shena Easton( which was 9-5 in the UK and Morning Train in the US)

cd637299 said:
I think that the song title "Hold On" has had the most different songs (melodies) that charted Hot 100----thirteen I think?
cd
Add in variations, like "Holding On," "Hold On To My Love," and "Baby Hold On," and there are potentially many more.

Call Me-
Blondie
Skyy
Go West
Petula Clark
Usher
Shinedown
and I know there is more!!!

firepoint525 said:
kenrayc said:
The Power of Love
Huey Lewis and The News, from Back to the Future
Jennifer Rush
Air Supply
Jennifer Rush wrote "The Power of Love" that Air Supply, Laura Branigan, and Celine Dion all recorded.

Interesting note about Jennifer Rush, "The Power Of Love" was the biggest selling single by a female artist in the UK until Whitney Houston broke the record in the 90s. Interesting since Rush's version was not that big a single in the US.

Summertime - The Jaymies
Summertime - Billy Stewart or Sammy Cooke

And DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
Add the Sundays "Summertime"
I may have had a similar thread because I remember posting all the different "Hold On"s:

Hold On-EnVogue
Hold On-Jamie Walters
Hold On-Wilson Phillips
Hold On-Santana
Hold On-Ian Gomm
Hold On-Triumph
Hold On-Kansas

September-Daughtry
September-Earth, Wind & Fire

Hello Again-Cars
Hello Again-Neil Diamond

Heaven-Warrant
Heaven-Bryan Adams
Heaven-Rascals
Heaven-D.J Sammy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom