• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is it Live, an Archive or a Podcast?....... which one is right for you?

WBTM

Inactive
Inactive User
Answering the quest for live callers versus content in a podcast or on-demand show....which is better? Good question. Depending on your format of your show obviously can play a big part as to whether or not you even decide to release your show as a podcast or not. Many shows cover the "News of the day" on their shows failing to remember that by the time someone downloads the podcast several days later that the "current news" is either outdated or not even relevant anymore. A successful talk show/podcast is one that can cover relevant topics as well, as withstand the test of time when it comes to the archive monster.

When you decide whether or not to archive or podcast your shows, ask yourself the following questions:

1) If I am doing a live talk show with a call in number, am I also giving callers listening to a podcast the ability to call in to a voicemail box after the show with comments?
2) Is the topic I am covering on my show a topic that someone listening a week from now might find interesting? Or is it dated?
3) Am I making my show interesting enough to make people want to tell others "Hey, I found this show online.... You should listen too!"
4) Am I making my show easy to find online and/or easy to subscribe to if I am releasing a podcast?

If the answer to any of these questions is "NO", then maybe you should either address and correct the problem addressed in the question * OR * possibly archiving/podcasting isn't for you.

Anyone needing help with this or with engineering their show is more than welcome to contact me here or by email at [email protected]

Good luck!

Rich

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom