• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Obit: Tom Bosley, at 83

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/19/tom-bosley-happy-days-dead-died-mr-cunningham/
http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/19/scott-baio-tom-bosley-henry-winkler-death-dead-died-happy-days/

Another TV icon gone. And quite prolific: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0098014/

Several times, Bosley appeared on Love, American Style, but didn't appear in the one L,AS role (in "Love and the Happy Days") that he would go on to be most known for. Harold Gould, who did play the L,AS part, passed away earlier this year, sadly.

Actor Tom "Happy Days" Bosley Dead At Age 83

Sorry someone beat me to it. Please see other thread

[moderator: please delete]

Re: R.I.P. Tom Bosley

classictvfan said:
Why are there three threads about his death?
Because things happen in threes? :D

Ironically, I saw him earlier today on a "Bewitched" rerun,
where he played a boyfriend of Esmerelda's; both of them
were gradually losing their powers.

..and if one is to believe those supermarket rags like The Globe or the National Enquier ( "sad last days of..."), chances are the "third" will be one of the following..

*Dick Clark
*Michael Douglas
*Linda Lavin
*Burt Reynolds
*Doris Day
*Hugh Hefner
*Michael J. Fox

not gonna take a guess on my part as to whom the 3rd will be. :D

After the second season I thought Happy days was just another silly sitcom. The first two seasons, in my opinion shined. One of my favorite memories was the episode where Ritchie went to a Marine's stag party and got drunk after drinking 52 shots of beer. The way the Howard Cunningham (Bosley) handled it was so realistic. It probably made every guy watching it wish they had a father like Howard. I think it reflected how he would have handled it if it was his own son.

...and was one of the very first actors Steven Spielberg ever directed, in the Night Gallery pilot TV-movie. It was his character's healthy eyes that Joan Crawford's character purchased in order to get a transplant so that she could see...

gr8oldies said:
Annette Funicello?

Sadly you may be right about her.

Both her and Dick Clark had some rather sad and of course a lack thereof in the taste department, pics taken of them recently only to appear in those rags. Funicello in a stretcher while Dick Clark..in a wheelchair with food around his mouth, tounge hanging out while his daughter was shown carrying a box of Depends..I assume for Dick Clark. Thats the National Enquier for ya.

That is what you get with today's generation. No class, no core, no substance. If it was their own mother it would not faze them. As long as the ambulance is not coming for them they don't need to pull over to get out of the way. Those kinds of people.

classictvfan said:
Why are there three threads about his death?

Well, these things happen, especially if the news breaks and the posters don't realize there are other posts. However, I would politely suggest that the Radio-Info mods combine the threads, based on who posted first.

BTW, Bosley had a great voice-over career after "Days". Just wanted to add that to his resume.

mleach said:
..and if one is to believe those supermarket rags like The Globe or the National Enquier ( "sad last days of..."), chances are the "third" will be one of the following..

*Dick Clark
*Michael Douglas
*Linda Lavin
*Burt Reynolds
*Doris Day
*Hugh Hefner
*Michael J. Fox

not gonna take a guess on my part as to whom the 3rd will be. :D

There was an erroneous report Friday that Hugh Hefner had died; nothing
to confirm it.

Another role for which Tom Bosley received some note was as Adam Tupper
on "Murder, She Wrote" from 1984 to 1988, before starting "Father Dowling".

Silkie said:
That is what you get with today's generation. No class, no core, no substance. If it was their own mother it would not faze them. As long as the ambulance is not coming for them they don't need to pull over to get out of the way. Those kinds of people.

Perhaps the best example of this is in the case of Billy Mays. The day before his death ( or was it HOURS before ? ) a young college student who was on a flight with Billy had taken a pic of him using her cell phone. Of course Billy Mays didn't know he was being photographed. Then Billy Mays dies and rather than offering that last photo to the Mays family which would had been the right thing to do, she had sold it to the tabolids.

The photo wasn't much...just of Billy Mays looking for his seat on the flight.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom