• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Do You Trust Dale?

It seems like former WSB-TV reporter Dale Cardwell is everywhere promoting his TRUSTDale.com website.

He recommends what he says he feels are the best vendors with the best prices and service. Then he makes money from doing endorsements of some of the vendors or selling them ads on his website.

My guess is he's probably completely honest, but how do we know when his business model is making money from the vendors he recommends? Contrary to that, Clark Howard does not do endorsements in order to maintain his objectivity.

Do you trust Dale?

After he spent all that time up the side of a smokestack trying to raise money for a failed political campaign, I certainly question his judgment. :-\

I am just as likely to trust Dale Earnhardt Jr. with his recommendations of products he endorses.

A few years ago on WSB-TV, Dale did an piece on a local publication called Home Reports, alleging it was fraud.  He showed up at their office to demand access to their files.  In the end he didn't come up with much to show on the air and couldn't debunk anything. 

TrustDale.com has a business model very similar to that of Home Reports; the biggest difference is that you're just supposed to trust Dale's endorsement. 

I trust him...atleast on his commercial for Walton EMC Natural Gas. I have them and there gas rates are way cheaper than the other companies :)

Wow! I wonder if any one of you know anything about Dale Cardwell??? The man's reputation the past 25 years speaks for itself. By the way, TrustDale uses a rigorous seven step investigative process that few are capable of passing. All the man has is his reputation of integrity and objectivity. If he risks that, he loses everything. I don't think so! In reference to Mr. Cardwell's investigation of Home Reports, nobody is happier to find a reputable company more than Dale Cardwell. I share your respect for Clark Howard. However, did you not know that Dale Cardwell was an integral part of Clark's team for many years? In addition, if you go to Clark Howard's web site, you will find a link to TrustDale.Com Clark would never do that unless he trusted and respected the work Dale Cardwell is doing through TrustDale. I hope this clears up some of your concerns. Check out TrustDaleTV on Channel 11 every Sunday morning at 7:30 a.m. or go to TrustDale.Com You will not be disappointed.
James Niarchos
NIARCHOS MEDIA SOLUTIONS
[/b][/i]

I wouldn't trust him behind the wheel that's for sure.

As for his "seven-step" process, me thinks he will be increasing it to 12-steps.

Do you trust the "news professionals" on the WSB radio news team who voice spots for just about anything? Clark is the only one I trust.

Does anyone really think any one script reader is more trustworthy than another?

How can you trust anyone that is promoting companies in exchange for payment? He slams the fake directories and Angie's List. What happens when a company who is 'vetted' by Dale decides that it hasn't provided ROI? Does he then change his tune and jump ship (ie Walton Gas for Gas Key)?

Between the (completely lame) Sunday show, the tv/radio commercials & billboards, he's spending a fair amount of moolah on branding. His model limits himself, as with only one provider per vertical, is he going to branch out to gynecologists and other medical professionals? His model has to do with his name recognition in Atlanta. It's not something that is easily expanded to other markets. I am in marketing, and I work with his target service providers - cannot say I've heard a single client ask me to even consider evaluating him as a potential marketing opportunity. I don't see him as having much credibility or likeability. (What comes to mind is that when people say "Trust me", it's usually a good indicator that they are lying. Perhaps with an older demographic, but my circle of 30's to mid-40's - doesn't fly with us.

I've found it amusing that I've heard Clark Howard on more than one occasion indicate that he would NEVER accept money in consideration or promotion of a particular provider.

PS - what's the status on Dale's DUI case? ;)

After leaving Channel 2 and his political fiasco the only thing he has is a reputation. It looks like he has managed to make a living with that reputation. If you have one asset “reputation” then you have to protect it. The natural gas deal is good. My parents use to use the termite company Dale endorses when they lived in Atlanta and never had trouble like they did with a big nation out fit that was based in Atlanta.

This is not like shady sales where if you “screw” the customer you can move on to sell some where or something else. IMHO Dale has to stay in Atlanta. I just can not see him starting over somewhere else at new hire pay. Who knows he might even find an effective lawyer to endorse.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom