• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is Q100 up to now??

KDM 7000 said:
I don't know about the rest of those songs, but Auburn's "la la la" is an established hit.

Auburn's "la la la" is a piece of audio crap. It's pure noise, with all music squozen out of it. It lacks melody and harmony, sounding like nothing but aggressive rhythmn. The over-sampled, hyper-synthesised excuse for vocals would have real singers reaching for their barf bags. Perhaps a brain-dead or cocaine-addled street thug might enjoy having his senses assaulted by such a musical abortion if it was played in a room full of sweaty, half-dressed women of easy virtue. Even then, I'll wager it would be more the whores that appealed to him than that piece of music dung.

Atlanta is STILL NOT hearing:

SELENA GOMEZ "Round And Round"
DAVID GUETTA "Getting Over You"
AUBURN "La La La"
JESSIE MCARTNEY "Shake"
MIKE POSNER "Bow Chicka Wow Wow"
KANYE WEST "Erase Me"

Ron Roberts said:
Sorry, but this is a bad list, period; you can state your case (and be correct, by the way) with proven hits that Atlanta's never heard spun on their airwaves, but not one of these songs solidifies your case.

It was just an example.

My whole thing doesn't come from whether or not a song is "good" or not. A lot of the pop stuff out there is crap. My biggest thing is that since so many pop songs are not heard in Atlanta (from lack of a good CHR), whenever I seem to throw out a list of songs I've collected from other CHR playlists...(in markets about the same size as Atlanta), lots of folks go by only whether the song is good or not.

It's not about that with me. It's about the fact that if a song is cracking the Top 40 charts.....it SHOULD BE played! And to make sure that I'm not crazy, I DO back up my info by checking (several times) and confirming that most other CHR's are (IN FACT) playing those songs. Maybe they won't play them for long but, they at least give them their run. Q100 would just rather omit playing several pop songs that so that they can play their list of tired Daughtry, Jordin Sparks, Coldplay, Colbie Calait and Sara Barrellis, when those songs have LONG since "graduated" to the "Lite" stations. To me that spells, "Identity crisis" and after so many years of this, it gets really annoying.

Once again, last night. A pop music awards show was on. This time the VMA's and there was (as usual) a handful of pop songs/artists that I've NEVER even heard get played here. But, were apparently popular in elsewhere. And once again, my point is made. ;)

B Y T H E W A Y . . .

Didn't Lil Wayne release some hits a while back? Didn't he release some indisputable hits that broke top 40? In 2007 & 2008, I wasn't really paying attention to Q, but did Q play them? I mean, between Coolio and Lil Wayne, I don't know exactly who was bigger since I didn't research, but... would Q100 have played Coolio "gangsta's paradise" if they were around in the 90's?

KDM 7000 said:
B Y T H E W A Y . . .

Didn't Lil Wayne release some hits a while back? Didn't he release some indisputable hits that broke top 40? In 2007 & 2008, I wasn't really paying attention to Q, but did Q play them? I mean, between Coolio and Lil Wayne, I don't know exactly who was bigger since I didn't research, but... would Q100 have played Coolio "gangsta's paradise" if they were around in the 90's?

Of course they did. They are Q100 they play all the hits.

Their playlist on YES seems just like the i 100 station. Does Q100 do commerical free Monday's which i 100 does here.

Also Im surprised someone doesn't just go CHR either CBS or Clear Channel station.

KDM 7000 said:
I think Q100 should add Lil Wayne..... ;D

GROOVE has a commerical saying "Who's made the move" and Lil Wayne is one hip-hop artist that is mentioned. BTW, GROOVE is now on Mediabase Rhythmic panel.

Ken said:
Their playlist on YES seems just like the i 100 station. Does Q100 do commerical free Monday's which i 100 does here.

Also Im surprised someone doesn't just go CHR either CBS or Clear Channel station.

GROOVE 105.7/96.7 was doing Commercial Free Mondays but Im not sure if they still do.

KDM 7000 said:
B Y T H E W A Y . . .

I completely forgot to finish my whole point I was subtly trying to make while typing that, but I might as well finish the whole "Coolio" point now. It was supposed to indicate that if Coolio received attention in the 90's, then Lil Wayne should get attention as well. I had to explain just in case anyone noticed Coolio's name out of the blue and wondered "What the heck... Coolio.. what does Coolio have to do with this?".

Would anyone consider TI's "dead & gone" a chr recurrent? And what about Juvenile "back that thang up"? or 50 Cent "In the club"?

ShawtyBlack_ATL said:
GROOVE 105.7/96.7 was doing Commercial Free Mondays but Im not sure if they still do.

They sure do. They were on a commercial, then I went to do the dishes and clean a little and came back some time later and they were on another commercial.

Nice to see that you have those Progressive Auto Commercials with that girl FLO in Atl, too!

Anyway, not sure when new liners will be made for the station, but it seems like some between the music and commercial liners are lacking a bit.

Isn't Star 94 Hot AC now? They dropped the "hit music" logo on their moniker and they are now "Atlanta's Star 94." Plus they play the hot AC version of AT40 on Sunday's and their playlist pretty much matches the hot AC chart to the T. Q100's Sunday night countdown show has songs that barely play on Q100 throughout the week but are all over the top 40 chart. It's like they had to fit them on the countdown because they seem to play only half of their playlist throughout the week as currents. During the mornings and afternoons, Q sounds very hot AC and it confuses me when the afternoon drive comes on and it goes more mainstream. Is it a sin to be mainstream all day??? I totally agree with this board. Please make Q100 go full mainstream CHR. I miss the Susquehanna days where they truly did play "all the hits." Some of the announcements are "All the Hits Q100" and others just say "Q100". I get confused about this too. Are they having an identity crisis??? And what is the Groove's official format...dance top 40, rhythmic top 40, or rhythmic ac??? The HD2 signal on the old 95-5 the beat had a great mainstream CHR format. Wish someone would go there. They should have kept it but now 95-5 is analog only.

KDM 7000 said:
KDM 7000 said:
ShawtyBlack_ATL said:

They sure do.....

"Not" is the keyword missing here.

And to add to the list of top 40 recurrents, Flo Rida "low".

So, KDM, when you aren't spamming message boards, what else occupies your free time?

And as long as people keep humoring him by discussing this foolish music he'll keep it up.

THE FOLLOWING HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

KDM 7000 said:
TO WHOEVER IT MAY CONCERN:
For those of you who are overly concerned with everyone who posts in the Atlanta section and has a hobby of keeping track of their net personalities and types of topics they are most likely to bring up, I've already said ALL I had to say in regards to you in a few other posts - in full, precise detail. So, since I've already said all I had to say, this means I will not have to be coming back later on during the day/week/month to think of new things to say to ridicule or "pick on people" like I'm in junior high or high school. Therefore, after this post, I'm done.

YOU WILL BE TALKING AMONGST YOURSELVES.

UNLESS, you are one of the following types of people: For those of us talking about radio / music / APPROPRIATE radio formats and anything radio related, we will continue talking (whether that mean praising, critiquing...etc.). Other than that, you will not be getting a reply out of me. I may joke around from time to time, but a majority of what you'll get out of me on these boards will be straight, uncut talk and opinions with no sugarcoating, both from a listener, business, and simple common sense/logical point of view - whether or not what I say FEELS good. The fun and games are over, and I'm not in grade school, son. I'm not saying anyone should stop doing anything or change any type of behavior, I'm just saying if I see it and (I think) it's dumb, I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE DISCUSSION. End of story.

If you do not have enough self control to simply not read the posts you do not wish to read or get over your obsession with keeping track of who posts what, then that will be a problem you'll have to live with... unless, of course, you enjoy it.

ENJOY YOUR DAY, FOLKS.

Maybe we should change that popular adage on this board to, "How will this affect Star 94 and eventually Q100?"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom