• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I thought things were going OK at the Bull.

Given Clear Channel-Atlanta's history of some of the dumbest decisions in radio, I say anything's possible. :-\

It just does not make sense that they would let him go. Revenue is way up for WUBL (they are making more $$$ than any other stick in the cluster) as were the numbers (highest ranking stick in the cluster). Something went very wrong and quick. It's bigger than "he and Forrest did not laugh at the same jokes."

Lindy didn't sound terribly upset when I spoke with him yesterday. I can't wait to hear what he has to say when he can...

Maybe he has been hired by Kicks and is waiting out a non-compete?

Hey, if you can't beat 'em...

DToTheJ said:
Maybe he has been hired by Kicks and is waiting out a non-compete?

Hey, if you can't beat 'em...
Maybe CC is planning on blowing up Bull and wanted to do right by him, and is paying him a lot of money to keep his mouth shut. Or maybe there was something professionally embarrassing that had to do with him. No inside info.

I can't see why a station that has historically struggled in an arguably saturated market for its format (you only have one major intown player but about a half-dozen rimshots like Legend, WNGC, South 107, Bear, WCON 99.3, that station out of Dahlonega, et al. that come in quite well depending on where you are in the metro), and finally just had their best month ever would otherwise get rid of their PD.

Maybe CC is worried about competition from WNGC with Cox now behind them. Also don't forget South 107 is moving in closer as soon as 107.5 moves their tower from Perimeter to Norcross. The ATL country market lost one major player when Eagle flipped to True Oldies. Now, one will join back in when South 107 moves in (assuming they don't flip themselves).

How can South 107 plan on flipping from country, when they've invested in the mighty Moby! ;D

Lots of these posts are trying to make sense of the situation or assuming it's something it's about Lindy, knowing full well this is Clear Channel/Atlanta we're talking about.

Either Lindy will show his hand in due time, or CC/Atlanta has a poker face. One or the other.

trusty said:
Something went very wrong and quick. It's bigger than "he and Forrest did not laugh at the same jokes."
Unless the joke was The Bull.
:D ???
Or the rest of the CC ATL cluster(f---)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom