• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KISS FM

Is it me or do I not hear the on air personalities correctly. When they say the station's name it sounds like they say, "98 point, Kiss FM" I do not hear the '1' On their promos it is clearly stated as 98.1, Kiss FM. But the live DJ's seem to just say 98 point, KiSS FM.

What would be the point of that? ;D Sorry.

I haven't listened in awhile, but as I remember, the "point" hasn't been used since K-Big. Kiss has always been "ninety-eight one Kiss-FM." During that brief "Beat of the Bay" period, they dropped the "FM," and it was just "ninety-eight one Kiss," but that didn't last long.

I actually thought the station sounded better during that short few weeks with the newer songs on the play list, but now they're back to the endless repeat of the same few dozen "old school" songs they've been playing for the past dozen years. I don't know about anyone else, but if I never hear "Let's Stay Together" or "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" again for the rest of my life, that would be just fine.

Format change? Hope so! I'm sorry, but if they wanna be rhythmic AC, then actually be rhythmic AC. Oldies doesn't count, sound like either Movin 92.5 Seattle or even sister 93.1 The Party Las Vegas.

It may be time for that hearing test, KIFR.

I just listened on-line for a few minutes. Lisa St. Regis was saying "ninety-eight one Kiss-FM."

In the afternoon, I hear, "ninety eight point, KISS FM" I know what I hear and I will swear to it under oath. I've listened to that station a little longer just to be sure I was hearing them correctly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom