• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

secondchoice said:
I know 680’s COL is North Atlanta but since North Atlanta has been gobbled up by Atlanta, I call 680 an Atlanta station.

North Atlanta was unincorporated in the 1960s. The exit signs for Ashford Dunwoody Road on the perimeter used to list "North Atlanta" as a control city but that disappeared in the late 1970s.

North Atlanta was never annexed into Atlanta. It is roughly the 30319 zip code, or Brookhaven--in DeKalb County, not Fulton.

Didn't Ring Radio actually have their studio (and maybe their transmitter) in this area (Oglethorpe/Peachtree Road south of PIB and Chamblee) back in the day, hence 680's COL? I know that 680's current array near Spalding and Winters Chapel was not their original transmitter; I seem to remember it being built sometime in the 1970s.

AMFMRadFan said:
Atlanta Radio Korea may be moving to 1080 WPBC, but as we speak on Saturday afternoon of this weekend during the 4PM hour, Love 860 AM WAEC started playing either Korean, Japanese, or Mandarin. They must have started playing it during the 3PM half hour because I started listening during the 3:30 P.M. half hour. Unfortunately, it continued. Before they continued it, first they did the top of the hour station ID in English, then they did a short simulcast of their sister station Radio Vida 1100 AM WWWE in Spanish, and then they continued one of the 3 Asian languages I mentioned above. It's an unknown talk show. I'm currently working on the program schedule for WAEC. No, I don't work for them. The schedule is to help me determine the right times for me to tune in so I can avoid this Asian programming as well as the religious (genetically-altered Biblical) programming. To clear this up, religion is literally defined as a genetically-altered Bible. There may be different religions, but Christianity is a lifestyle and not a religion. Then there are various denominations that may be preaching genetically-altered Christianity. You will never catch me listening to that kind of programming. I would only be tuning in to the actual faith-based ministry Christian Talk programming that does not preach a genetically-altered Bible along with the rare black Urban Gospel music that is mixed in from time to time. I'll be keeping on listening until 8PM tonight which is when the Overcomer Ministry with Brother R.G. Stair comes on. For anyone else that wants to listen, you can listen online at http://www.love860.com/streamer/streamer.html. You may have it at a low quality stream. You can also listen online via the following URLs: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/asx/WAECAM.asx and http://1521.live.streamtheworld.com:80/WAECAMCMP3. I apologize for this being a lengthy post. What I said earlier about the religions, Christianity, and various denominations, that is all I'm going to say about all of that. Thank you.
Now Love 860 AM WAEC has flipped the switch back to English and has cued up a rebroadcast of Andrae White Talks. All of you are welcome to resume talking strictly about the new AM 1310 The King WPBC. CORRECTION FROM MY 1ST POST: 1080 AM where Atlanta Radio Korea is now, the calls are actually WPBS since 1310 AM is WPBC. I apologize for the callsign mix up. That is all. Thank you. :)

jabba17 said:
secondchoice said:
I know 680’s COL is North Atlanta but since North Atlanta has been gobbled up by Atlanta, I call 680 an Atlanta station.

North Atlanta was unincorporated in the 1960s. The exit signs for Ashford Dunwoody Road on the perimeter used to list "North Atlanta" as a control city but that disappeared in the late 1970s.

North Atlanta was never annexed into Atlanta. It is roughly the 30319 zip code, or Brookhaven--in DeKalb County, not Fulton.

Didn't Ring Radio actually have their studio (and maybe their transmitter) in this area (Oglethorpe/Peachtree Road south of PIB and Chamblee) back in the day, hence 680's COL? I know that 680's current array near Spalding and Winters Chapel was not their original transmitter; I seem to remember it being built sometime in the 1970s.

Their original tower (25,000 watts day only) was the one on Cheshire Bridge/Lenox Road now used by 970 and 1190.

So "The King" has been annexed already? :eek: Stop it...

annexed by dead air....though I listen to Stephanie Miller through 880 The Revolution's web site and she announced The King as the new station this morning...me thinks someone didn't get the memo.

I drove down to Daytona Beach several years ago and 640, 680, and 750 were all very strong down to near Valdosta, probably likely due to the flat terrain, unlike from Atlanta Northward into the mountains, where signal strength is more spotty.

The owner of 1310 has turned the transmitter off to save money untill a new format is in place. I understand the liberal talk is still a go if the money problems are worked out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom