• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sam Lake, Traffic Reporter

To the person who spotted Sam Lake on the Ga Radio Reading Service website, that is indeed the same Sam Lake that has done news and traffic on WGST and many other stations in Atlanta. I worked with Sam at WGST on and off between 1997 and 2005. He is a great guy. I was the volunteer coordinator for GARRS from 1996-1997. Quite a few volunteers and employees have been in the TV and radio business in Atlanta including Sam and myself. Among names you might know is their Executive Director, Jae Trana Cosby who has been a news anchor at WGST and on the Ga News Network. Here is a list of former employees and volunteers you may have heard of:

Former GARRS Staff:
Rick Tantum, (deceased) Producer for Jeff Hullinger's and Tom Hughes' morning shows on WGST.

Brennan Price, News Reporter, WGST, now a lawyer in Hartford, Ct

Twana James, former news anchor on KISS FM and for Ryan Cammeron on HOT 97/107 FM

Rob Maynard, former host of WGST's NASCAR show, "On the Back Stretch" and "Ga Focus." Rob also ran the Ga News Network and later on ran Ga Public Broadcasting's radio division

Eric Singer, former Traffic Reporter on WGST

Walter Reeves (not the garden show host), board operator at either WGST or WSB, can't recall.

Dave Douglas, former sportscaster on WSB

Rick diLorenzo, former Assistant Program Director and producer of AM Atlanta with Tom Hughes and former producer of KROKTALK with Chris Krok on News Talk 750 WSB.

Volunteers

Jennifer Leslie: 11 Alive News

Ray Moore, former news anchor at WSB and WXIA

Paul Shields (deceased) former News Anchor at WAGA

"Officer" Don Kennedy: former WSB children's show host

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Please forgive me if I left you off the list.

rickydradio said:
"Officer" Don Kennedy: former WSB children's show host

Don Kennedy is also the "K" in WKLS.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom