• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gringo Suave leaving KZON 101.5 JamZ

After just 4 months hosting mornings on 101.5 JamZ, David, "Gringo Suave" is leaving to pursue other opportunities in radio. He was hinting something to do with radio programming. Not sure when his last day at JamZ is though. Best of luck to you "Gringo" in your future endeavors!!

from his posting on his facebook page:

I am leaving 101.5 JamZ (will announce new gig soon). Thank u to Michael Coquia & the entire JamZ staff. This came unexpected & was the toughest decision of my career. I have an opp to get into Programming & it only felt right to listen to my heart, take the risk, & follow my dream. In a short amount of time, I became... very attached to the CBS PHX family & you, the listeners. You are all amazing:)

Here's a question...

Why is it that when someone publicly leaves a job, it is always "the hardest decision I've ever had to make"?

I mean, without fail, every press release about a career change is coupled with this odd disclaimer. Whenever I leave a job for a better one, the decision is almost never difficult, let alone the hardest I've ever made.

It is, as far as I can tell, the polar opposite of the "we wish him well in his future endeavors" verbiage in the e-mail announcing said resignation.

Just once, I'd like to see an air talent send out an announcement saying "this was the easiest decision I ever made...my new employers offered me a boatload of money to do jump ship, and I couldn't be happier."

Shortly thereafter, management could release their own e-mail saying "we'll miss hanging out with the guy, but we frankly couldn't give a rats behind if he does well it his next job. All we can tell you is that he's never coming back here."

Is that too cynical?

Ford said:
Here's a question...

Why is it that when someone publicly leaves a job, it is always "the hardest decision I've ever had to make"?

I mean, without fail, every press release about a career change is coupled with this odd disclaimer. Whenever I leave a job for a better one, the decision is almost never difficult, let alone the hardest I've ever made.

Good observation, and I totally agree.

But eyes and ears are watching and hearing, more so than the "average person."

Do you want to make the people you've worked with and built relationships with feel good about knowing you didn't want to "get the hell outta here," or do you want to make it seem like CBS Radio Phoenix is terrible, or that you're not very loyal and willing to leave your employer at any time?

Most people have good intentions, but even so, telling the whole truth minus the nice stuff won't be so appealing to potential future employers.

But then you're also assuming it wasn't a difficult decision. It very well could have been. He just moved here four months ago, and the Phoenix radio market is full of terrific people.

My two cents. :)

maybe cbs has plans to put snake in the morning and let the ship sink, just like when he took the morning gig on kpty (103.9-arizona' party station) when it sunk (1039 the party). hey, you can't fix a bullet wound with a band aid. cbs is bleeding to death.

Ford said:
Here's a question...

It is, as far as I can tell, the polar opposite of the "we wish him well in his future endeavors" verbiage in the e-mail announcing said resignation.

Just once, I'd like to see an air talent send out an announcement saying "this was the easiest decision I ever made...my new employers offered me a boatload of money to do jump ship, and I couldn't be happier."

Shortly thereafter, management could release their own e-mail saying "we'll miss hanging out with the guy, but we frankly couldn't give a rats behind if he does well it his next job. All we can tell you is that he's never coming back here."

Is that too cynical?

My all-time favorite on-air goodbye was Bobby Ocean, leaving KFRC for KHJ: "I love you, I'll miss you...but you should SEE my new contract."

Of course, he was staying with the same owner...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom