• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRUX Reunion

oldiesfan6479

Star Participant
As seen on Facebook...

There is to be a KRUX reunion on August 28, according to event organizer
Bob Shannon. (That would be...R.J. Adams?)

Special attention Akbar/Jeff and Jayzer...it's to be held at Bill Johnson's
Big Apple on Van Buren! Humble pie, anyone? (I forget who won the bet.)

Perhaps someone more in the know can relay the details.

Todd: I believe the August bus will be on the Van Buren route that evening. ;)

This is by invitation and by RSVP...

And a KRUX Reunion, so "humble pie" time really is in the wrong setting.

If you are a KRUX alumni and interested in attending, but haven't been invited for whatever reason, contact me on http://www.phoenixairchecks.com/contact/ and I'll patch you through so you can RSVP and get the final date and location. Or contact Bob Shannon.

oldiesfan6479 said:
Special attention Akbar/Jeff and Jayzer...it's to be held at Bill Johnson's
Big Apple on Van Buren! Humble pie, anyone? (I forget who won the bet.)

We're still waiting to sample those home grown humbles (fortunately the bet was made on 12+ ratings). Interesting that the KRUX party is by invite only...and the KFWhyEye anniversary is open to all. Guess they're afraid a bunch of know nothings driving a Gremlin will show up!

KOOL Listener Lauren said:
And a KRUX Reunion, so "humble pie" time really is in the wrong setting.

The Jaybird might have an indirect link to the KRUX reunion.

Some Googling and other website research finds there was a Jay Lawrence on air
at KTKT Tucson in 1961. What I can't confirm is if this is current KT'R-FM weekend
talkmeister Jayzer or someone else.

At that time, KTKT was a sister station of KRUX (Leland Bisbee Broadcasting), so it
could make him--indirectly--eligible for the reunion. Meanwhile, Akbar will likely
have to limit himself to the regular Big Apple dining section instead of the KRUX
event's private room, assuming he would even risk showing up. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom