• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mixshow Intensive Radio Stations (Please List Them Here)

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and ask early.

DO YOU KNOW ANY STATIONS DOING ALL WEEKEND MIXES FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND?

If you know any stations doing so, please leave station name along with website and call letters. I prefer stations that feature new or unique music, and are modern club dance + booty bass / uptempo remix friendly during mix shows. Thanks.

If you also know any stations that are interesting and mix show intensive during the week (or weekends) on a normal basis, playing the type of stuff I described above, please list those as well.

hMMMMM, WITH THE 4TH LANDING ON A SUNDAY THAT MAYBE THE ONLY DAY FOR MIXING. I'LL LET YOU KNOW THE ONES HERE IN GA/SC AND NORTH FLA.

Yeah, this is going to be an interesting 4th this year. I really wouldn't be surprised if the DFW stations don't do anything. I'm sure K104 won't be doing anything since they just did a mix weekend last weekend for Juneteenth.

Oh this is GREAT - Including Monday as a part of the holiday when it falls on a Sunday!
I usually hate when holidays fall on a weekend because that normally gives stations an excuse to stop as soon as the weekend ends, but if many people are going to cover Monday as well, it makes things more fun & exciting. It's normally the mix shows where you break away from the norm and get to catch certain extra hits & remixes that you would normally never hear on the radio.

KDM 7000 said:
Oh this is GREAT - Including Monday as a part of the holiday when it falls on a Sunday!
I usually hate when holidays fall on a weekend because that normally gives stations an excuse to stop as soon as the weekend ends, but if many people are going to cover Monday as well, it makes things more fun & exciting. It's normally the mix shows where you break away from the norm and get to catch certain extra hits & remixes that you would normally never hear on the radio.

I totally agree

KDM 7000 said:
Since 4th of July is on a Sunday, most people will be off on Monday. And most businesses will be closed as well. So, the holiday weekend does stretch into Monday this year.

It was confirmed today that KTFM-SA will be mixin it up this weekend beginning at noon on Saturday. www.ktfm.com

As previously posted, The Beat and La Kalle will start tomorrow @ 5pm and continue until Monday midnight.

Maybe I need to head down to San Antonio, because I don't think Dallas/Ft. Worth is doing sh!t!

I'm a bit disappointed because I doubted KTFM a little bit only to look back on the first hour I missed and realize I missed a lot of stuff I really liked! They even played Angelina - Release me along with Deadmau5 and even got into some booty bass flava.

I noticed Hot 107.9 played the new Lil Jon & Mario to kick off one of the short uptempo sets that consisted of Usher OMG and Snoop Dogg Sensual Seduction. I see Sensual Seduction is being used quite a bit on WHTA

I still have to check out the others..

KDM 7000 said:
I'm a bit disappointed because I doubted KTFM a little bit only to look back on the first hour I missed and realize I missed a lot of stuff I really liked! They even played Angelina - Release me along with Deadmau5 and even got into some booty bass flava.

I noticed Hot 107.9 played the new Lil Jon & Mario to kick off one of the short uptempo sets that consisted of Usher OMG and Snoop Dogg Sensual Seduction. I see Sensual Seduction is being used quite a bit on WHTA

I still have to check out the others..

You also missed some other tracks not listed on yes.com
Plummet- Damaged
Who Da Funk- Shiny Disco Balls
Johnny Z- Shake Your Culo
Dj Laz- Red Alert
Royal Gigolos- California Dreamin
and many others......

The PARTY kicks off again tomorrow(Sunday) @ Noon CST.
www.ktfm.com

I heard shiny disco balls and the shake your culo instrumental that was cut off because the mash-up had explicit lyrics in it. It did seem though like the more I listened, the more they drifted into slow pop and hip hop, and then I cut off at The Baka Boyz since I could already hear that on KZZP. By the way, I never thought I'd hear "Shake your culo" on the radio, especially in 2010. I do have it on my exclusive Latin House and Latin Booty Bass cd from 2000.

I've been checking out WBLS, "July 4th Throwback Weekend" online. Very nice old school mixes. Too bad our two urban ac's don't have the "2 round things" to do that here in the DFW.

The station Mix 1620 AM (www.mix1620.com) in New Jersey mixes all weekend long every week. They seem to be a low power station but they play variety of sounds from hip hop to reggaeton to house/baltimore club.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom