• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Multi Stream PC Audio Card

Brian Bowers

Frequent Participant
Hi everybody,

Has anyone seen a multi-channel computer audio card, that allows you to play or monitor more than one audio stream at a time? Of course other than a radio station cluster monitoring their own streams (that's my interest), I don't see this as being a mass appeal piece of gear. Anyways, anyone know of anything or have any ideas besides having individual PC's dialed into each stream?

Thanks

Thanks, but that isn't really what I am looking for. That card is mainly tailored for recording and playback. Lets say you have 5 radio stations, and you want to monitor the website audio stream of each of these, on a continual basis. Is there a computer/audio card that allows you to monitor more than 1 radio station's website audio stream at a time - with separate audio outputs?

Well, a card like this has 8 I/O plugs, so they can be used as outputs. Depending on what audio player you are using to listen to your streams, you should be able to send a stream to output 1, the next stream to output 2, etc. I'm pretty sure it will do exactly what you are describing. But you could always call the tech support people at M-Audio and ask.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom