• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDUV Voice?

These questions pop up often and it usually takes Jeff Laurence to answer. Have to say, in my opinion, Cox does a great job getting the right voice guy for each station. Think even Jeff would agree.

Cox won't be able to take credit for this one. I believe the current WDUV voiceguy was inhereted from Clear Channel when they owned The Dove at 103.5.

Also I'd love to know who the voiceguy was for WDUV back in the '80s when it was on 103.3. His voice really fit the format well, even better than the current guy.

Who was the voice guy way back when they were "Music just for the two of us"?

It has been the same guy forever...Definitely goes back to the 103.5 days. I think he has the perfect voice for a station I am consulting in another market.

Frank Ferreri said:
Who was the voice guy way back when they were "Music just for the two of us"?

mbatchelor said:
It has been the same guy forever...Definitely goes back to the 103.5 days.

At first I thought it was Dick Ring (yes, that's his name), which I found out through an ad for an event that WDUV sponsored; however, he was just the morning guy -- unless someone around here knows, the mystery announcer remains a mystery.

Personally, I think he was the same guy who announced WDUV since the early-1980s, at least, back when they were beautiful music and using the Drake-Chenault (or similar) music automation system (I recall the time checks during the middle of the commercial breaks).

RMarino said:
Cox won't be able to take credit for this one. I believe the current WDUV voiceguy was inhereted from Clear Channel when they owned The Dove at 103.5.

mbatchelor said:
It has been the same guy forever...Definitely goes back to the 103.5 days. I think he has the perfect voice for a station I am consulting in another market.

Incorrect (as typical for these forums).

That guy died several years ago and has been replaced - though the new guy sounds very similar.

MsMusicRadio said:
His name is HAL
You must mean "Hal 9000". He's been out of a job for 9 years. The story was reported in 1968.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

I was going to ask the same question. You mean nobody knows who he is? lol would love to use him on a station...any ideas we can find out?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom