• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chris Markowski - Afternoons on 820 WWBA

The host has put out a press release trumpeting his new afternoon drive show on WWBA. The press release is titled, "Youngest Nationally Syndicated Radio Host Premieres Local Show." (He also hosts a show called "Watchdog on Wall Street" that is syndicated - does WWBA carry this as well?) I guess it's a good strategy to mention the host being "young" in some respect, to even out the combined 50+ years experience of his two producers.

Full press release:
http://media-newswire.com/release_1116261.html

Not that it really matters, but you'd think that a guy who touts his "young" age in a pointless news release would, you know, actually include said age in said pointless news release.

Yet another lovely example of the quality and preparedness that populates the local radio dial.

They were better off with Savage in that slot. Probably actually had a few listeners. What happened to Malcom in the middle or whatever his name was that they took Miller off for? Has this station become a 50kw WTAN?

Ha yea Malcolm. I dont exactly know what he was. One time he interviewed a guy about his new restaurant and the owner said how great the food and atmosphere is. That sort of advertising is bothersome. the guy shoulda just bought a half hour on the weekend. They had that STELLAR lineup a couple years back but i guess couldnt get the ratings. Now I have to choose between markowski , schnitt and medved, so i stream Dennis Millers delayed show in from a Sarasota station

Markowski is just the latest in a line of stockbrokers and other brokered-genre hosts who do a stock show for a year or two and suddenly think they're the next Limbaugh. He's got enough money to throw around empty press releases touting his "success" on radio. He tried this career turn at a Sarasota AM, as I recall, a few years back and sounded awful. I'm thinking somebody's getting paid here, and probably not Markowski. This relationship will probably end just the way Malcolm in the Muddle's did.

Has this station become a 50kw WTAN?

Yes.

JerkyBoy33707 said:
Ha yea Malcolm... One time he interviewed a guy about his new restaurant and the owner said how great the food and atmosphere is. That sort of advertising is bothersome...

If that's your idea of entertainment, you'll love Paul Vandenburgh on WGDJ in Albany, NY!

So far just talking points, yelled into the mic, nothing to see here.

What's the lamest line, the most mocked positioner on this site?

Of course... NEW.

So what is 820 calling itself? Of course... THE NEW WWBA.

Of course, it's only been in this format since about 2001.

Another promo line: "You talk, we listen." More accurate: "You talk, we're the only ones listening."

JerkyBoy33707 said:
Ha yea Malcolm. I dont exactly know what he was. One time he interviewed a guy about his new restaurant and the owner said how great the food and atmosphere is. That sort of advertising is bothersome. the guy shoulda just bought a half hour on the weekend. They had that STELLAR lineup a couple years back but i guess couldnt get the ratings. Now I have to choose between markowski , schnitt and medved, so i stream Dennis Millers delayed show in from a Sarasota station

Malcolm owns (or owned) an ad agency here in New Port Richey about 10 years ago. He may have relocated to Tampa. Actually a fairly bright ad guy.

smedge2006 said:

Of course... NEW.

When did Cox buy WWBA? ???

smedge2006 said:
So far just talking points, yelled into the mic, nothing to see here.

Of course... NEW.
Of course, it's only been in this format since about 2001.
Another promo line: "You talk, we listen." More accurate: "You talk, we're the only ones listening."
Hey how 'bout: "We're talkin', is there anybody out there listening?..Hello!?!...Is this thing on?"

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

I hear even WKID even beats Markowski's show... ::)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom